SPV Parts Diode Dynamics Pro Triple Fog Light Kit and SS2 Reverse Kit install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

x-ray

Reaction score
I just finished installing both the Diode Dynamics Pro Triple Fog light kit and the DD SS2 pro reverse kit from @Specialtyperformanceparts (John Trischler). I purchased the Aux wire extension kit, the Aux1 and fog relocation harness, the marker light connector adapter, and the harness for the front and rear lights. Everything came quickly and was well packaged. I waited a few weeks until I had some time off to do the installation. I wanted to take more pics of the installation as it happened but unfortunately, my iPhone camera took a poop and I had to get it replaced.

Here are a few pics after the install and some tips and tricks I think are helpful for those about to take this project on. I choose the Diode Dynamics lightest because I wanted the backlight look and the high output and thought that DD was a good compromise between price and performance.

Tools you will need:
8,10,13mm sockets
T30 and T40 torq bits (T40 for the rear and T30 for the front fogs)
Impact driver, socket wrench, 4mm Allen key (a short or cut off one will help when tightening the rear lights)
90 degree cordless driver would be really helpful for removing the front fogs and reinstalling the bracket. I couldn’t get my small impact driver to fit in some of the locations so I had to remove about half of the bolts using a socket wrench and it was tight and took forever.
Creeper to lay underneath the truck to run the harness from the rear lights to the engine bay and to work behind the bumper ($37 one from amazon worked perfect)
Coat hanger/fish rod and some tape to get wires up next to the battery.
Zip ties and cutters to trim them
Wire strippers and crimper and a heat gun to add the AUC wire extension kit.

Tips:
1. Mount all the lights to the brackets before you do anything. This can be done days in advance.
2. Remove the battery and tray to get to the Aux wires. So much easier. They are wrapped in RED tape. The Aux wire extension kit is super helpful and worth the purchase. It was the only time I needed to crimp or strip any wires. Heat gun to melt the shrink wrap.
3. Get lots of light under the bumper to help see where you are working.
4. Wear gloves and long sleeves because my hands and forearms were getting scratched up from hitting things as I worked.
5. Wear eye protection when you are laying under the truck to uninstall and reinstall the fog lights. My truck is pretty new and just washed but debris kept falling into my eyes/on my glasses.
6. John @Specialtyperformanceparts is awesome. He helped my over the phone a couple of times and sent me pics to help explains things. He is a huge resource to the raptor community.

D8E50495-3A04-44B6-89C3-1BB89FBB5C29.jpeg

Attachments

• 11566D5D-5669-4C1B-8FA5-7DC599B41C03.jpeg
    11566D5D-5669-4C1B-8FA5-7DC599B41C03.jpeg
    281 KB · Views: 76
  • 25962B7D-374D-481E-BBA2-61C2B1757127.jpeg
    25962B7D-374D-481E-BBA2-61C2B1757127.jpeg
    388 KB · Views: 91
  • 15E16FDC-8410-4B1A-BA18-2145F3C7EC2A.jpeg
    15E16FDC-8410-4B1A-BA18-2145F3C7EC2A.jpeg
    367 KB · Views: 94
  • 2A10E301-E28A-4617-AF8B-A7425A077574.jpeg
    2A10E301-E28A-4617-AF8B-A7425A077574.jpeg
    375.8 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I went with the BD pro triple kit from @Specialtyperformanceparts and couldn’t be happier. Great customer service and great product. One thing I would recommend is removing the wheel for the side you are working on and also the skid so you can run the wiring neat and clean.

The torx bolts can strip easily so I’d love to replace them with something else or just get a replacement torx since it’s a bit more security. A 3/8” impact driver can basically get all of the bolts if you have a good variety of extensions.

Does anyone think I should trim the back plastic pieces and reinstall? Right now I don’t have them on but it seems pretty easy to use a Dremel to trim them to fit.

Attachments

• 1F4F3A7D-01BD-4856-8E29-8848815F5DF3.jpeg
    1F4F3A7D-01BD-4856-8E29-8848815F5DF3.jpeg
    361.9 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
OP
OP
x-ray

x-ray

Reaction score
This is the exact setup I want to purchase. What beam patterns did you go with? Having run it for a few weeks anything you would do different?
I did the Spot on the outside, the SAE Driving in the middle and the Yellow Fog on the inside after messaging with SPV and DD. Happy with how things turned out.
I went with the BD pro triple kit from @Specialtyperformanceparts and couldn’t be happier. Great customer service and great product. One thing I would recommend is removing the wheel for the side you are working on and also the skid so you can run the wiring neat and clean.

The torx bolts can strip easily so I’d love to replace them with something else or just get a replacement torx since it’s a bit more security. A 3/8” impact driver can basically get all of the bolts if you have a good variety of extensions.

Does anyone think I should trim the back plastic pieces and reinstall? Right now I don’t have them on but it seems pretty easy to use a Dremel to trim them to fit.
I wish I had taken the wheel and skid off. Probably would have saved time in the long run.

X

SeeUL8R

Reaction score

How do you like that pro eagle jack…I’ve got my eye on that too and noticed you have it.

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How do you like that pro eagle jack…I’ve got my eye on that too and noticed you have it.
It does everything a jack should do, but it's really only made for working on taller trucks. It won't slide underneath a car that's low to the ground. Maybe if you took the wheels of it, you could. I got it “off the back of a truck” for a lot less. I wouldn't spend full price on it if that helps you out. Wait for a sale or get it used. Otherwise, the harbor freight and some caterpillar knock offs look just as good.

Specialtyperformanceparts

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
This is the exact setup I want to purchase. What beam patterns did you go with? Having run it for a few weeks anything you would do different?
We would love to help you with your Baja Kit! Please feel free to call or text me at (317) 934-6778 with any questions.
I can create the kit to be setup however you want. The sky is the limit with customizing these light kits, and our patented plug-and-play harness system really makes install a breeze.

Please let me know if I can help in any way. We would love the opportunity to earn your business!

Thanks!
-Sidney @ SPV Parts

Specialtyperformanceparts

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
@Specialtyperformanceparts Do you recommend trimming the plastic back pieces and reinstalling or is it just for cosmetic purposes only?
It's really a personal preference thing. Some customers have done it, but it isn't a requirement by any means. Everything will work fine even if you don't put that trim piece on there.

Ivan Dan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just finished installing both the Diode Dynamics Pro Triple Fog light kit and the DD SS2 pro reverse kit from @Specialtyperformanceparts (John Trischler). I purchased the Aux wire extension kit, the Aux1 and fog relocation harness, the marker light connector adapter, and the harness for the front and rear lights. Everything came quickly and was well packaged. I waited a few weeks until I had some time off to do the installation. I wanted to take more pics of the installation as it happened but unfortunately, my iPhone camera took a poop and I had to get it replaced.

Here are a few pics after the install and some tips and tricks I think are helpful for those about to take this project on. I choose the Diode Dynamics lightest because I wanted the backlight look and the high output and thought that DD was a good compromise between price and performance.

Tools you will need:
8,10,13mm sockets
T30 and T40 torq bits (T40 for the rear and T30 for the front fogs)
Impact driver, socket wrench, 4mm Allen key (a short or cut off one will help when tightening the rear lights)
90 degree cordless driver would be really helpful for removing the front fogs and reinstalling the bracket. I couldn’t get my small impact driver to fit in some of the locations so I had to remove about half of the bolts using a socket wrench and it was tight and took forever.
Creeper to lay underneath the truck to run the harness from the rear lights to the engine bay and to work behind the bumper ($37 one from amazon worked perfect)
Coat hanger/fish rod and some tape to get wires up next to the battery.
Zip ties and cutters to trim them
Wire strippers and crimper and a heat gun to add the AUC wire extension kit.

Tips:
1. Mount all the lights to the brackets before you do anything. This can be done days in advance.
2. Remove the battery and tray to get to the Aux wires. So much easier. They are wrapped in RED tape. The Aux wire extension kit is super helpful and worth the purchase. It was the only time I needed to crimp or strip any wires. Heat gun to melt the shrink wrap.
3. Get lots of light under the bumper to help see where you are working.
4. Wear gloves and long sleeves because my hands and forearms were getting scratched up from hitting things as I worked.
5. Wear eye protection when you are laying under the truck to uninstall and reinstall the fog lights. My truck is pretty new and just washed but debris kept falling into my eyes/on my glasses.
6. John @Specialtyperformanceparts is awesome. He helped my over the phone a couple of times and sent me pics to help explains things. He is a huge resource to the raptor community.

View attachment 401069

Would you mind snapping a couple pictures of how the S2 reverse lights are mounted?