Pistol mount...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JoeSC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got a really strong magnet I put into the side of my console when I added lightning cable extensions in the console. I have yet to take the minute to cut out the leather so I can slap my gun against it without ruining anything. I'll attach that with some 3M whatsit. Basically it'll just be a thin leather pad on the side by my knee.

hpschrank

Reaction score
I use a Vara Safety II with a bracket I made that bolts to the front seat mount hardware. So no drilling into the vehicle. A little pricier option but a little more secure as well. The biometrics have…so far…worked quite well for quick/reliable deployment.

Attachments

• 6D0FA7CE-39CA-4CA4-BB37-789B627FDF63.png
    6D0FA7CE-39CA-4CA4-BB37-789B627FDF63.png
    634.5 KB · Views: 192
OP
OP
C

cmb396

Reaction score
I had a similar one in the center console with 3m tape. It fell off after a few weeks. I'm tempted to put some wood screws to help but I'd probably put a screw through a flux capacitor or something.

I might get some really short screws that are only slightly longer than the width of the magnet. A little help would probably keep it in place.
I had a magnet screwed into my last truck that held tight for 6 years. It was a colorado, so i didn't give a ***** about screw holes in it, and would rather not do it to this truck. Then again, it held up for 6 years in my last truck and is now someone elses problem, same as the holes in my new truck in 5-6 years, lol

OP
OP
C

cmb396

Reaction score
This is what I went with. They have Gen 3 holster also The link is for gen 2.

I do like that, however, I don't like the idea of having to open the console in an emergency situation, nor lifting the top trays out to get something underneath (on a rare occasion albeit).
Looks well made.