Pics/Vids of 5.4 and 6.2 Running Desert Together.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BOJANGLES

<span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok, so some of you guys have seen these pics and videos before, but I wanted to post them up for those who hadn't. (That and also, BentToast has been asking me to post these on this forum for so long now that I'm afraid he's gonna show up at my house if I don't get 'em up here!) :jester:

These pics and videos were from the Saturday and Sunday right after my break-in period and first oil change. My Raptor (white 6.2) was still bone stock and this was it's first true off-road adventure. Raptorguy21's Raptor (blue 5.4) had already had some work done to it at the time like CAI, TBS, Exhaust, Truxx leveling kit, custom painted KMC Enduro beadlocks, and was a seasoned veteran on those trails.

It's crazy, I got my Raptor on April 14th, 2010 and this footage was taken somewhere around May 1st... although it was only a few months ago it already feels like a lot longer than that.

Picture016-1.jpg

Picture017-1.jpg

Picture018.jpg

Picture019.jpg

Picture025.jpg

Picture023.jpg

Picture021.jpg

Picture020.jpg

OP
OP
B

BOJANGLES

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here are some top speed dirt runs.......

Julian's (Raptorguy21) 5.4 no longer had the governor getting in his way, so he probably hit over 100mph in this one:

Here is a little piece of the end of the same run filmed from in-cab by our buddy Ruben on his iPhone:

My top speed run was a lil' bit more pansy. I only hit about 95mph in the dirt. I was still so new to the truck and this was my first time feeling it out off-road, so I didn't hold wide-open-throttle for very long. Nowadays, it's a different story and I've hit that dirt road at top speed since then. There are some deceptively large chunks of wash in that road, so I must admit this feels a lil' dangerous when you're doing it:

Here's Julian's test-jump on one of our new favorite spots, he only hit it at 3/4 speed since rain and wind had changed it since his last time jumping that spot. Our buddy Fletcher is the one mouth-breathing all over the camera and giggling in the video. As you can see, everything went fine:

Here was the first jump I ever took in my Raptor. I took it slow, as it feels pretty strange launching a brand new truck in the air that you just spent a bunch of money on. Adding to the pressure was the fact that I could not see from the driver's seat where Julian was filming until I was in mid-air. His crazy-ass went for the up-close shot and I got a lil' freaked out in the moment of truth that I was going to land an airborne truck on my friends face and kill him.
Fortunately he is still alive and I have since then shown him the safety benefits of using a ZOOM on the camera! ;)

OP
OP
B

BOJANGLES

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is Julian hitting the jump with some more authority on the go-pedal:

and here I am hitting it at about 50mph, you can see my right front tire expand significantly at landing. Everything held up just fine though:

At this point, we were comfortable and ready to go bigger:

Here is another angle of one of my jumps, I think this video had a better view:

OP
OP
B

BOJANGLES

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here are some pics from when we ventured off for a bit and ran along some train tracks at an area called the upper cliffs. There is an awesome view up there, but unfortunately it got pretty washed out in the image since these 2 were cell phone pics.

Here's Julian giving his Raptor a lil' flex:

18973549571_ORIG1jpeg.jpg

And here's mine showing some skin to a passing train. It was just by total coincidence that the train car with Ol' Glory painted on it happened to be passing by when I snapped the pic. Pretty cool though.

18973562707_ORIG1jpeg.jpg

OP
OP
B

BOJANGLES

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is some more in-cab footage that Ruben shot from Julian's truck. His little squeals of delight bring a smile to my face every time! :)

and here is another video Ruben filmed from Julian's truck in-cab while they were chasing me.

More chase footage at higher speed, Julian and Ruben were chasing me down the trail and I got a lil' squirrely in the turn towards the end. The girls on-board my truck got scared as shit so I gave it some more gas mid-turn just for the hell of it to give the ladies a lil' extra thrill from the slide.
I ended up having to lock up the brakes before I hit a big wall of hard-packed sand while they were screaming.
I love this truck.

OP
OP
B

BOJANGLES

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here are some still images that Julian created from the jump videos:

62liftoff.jpg

62air.jpg

62air2.jpg

62landing.jpg

and here in this one Julian managed to get a still-shot of my face from the video of my very first jump. This is me saying "Ooohhhhhhh Fuuuuuuck" as I thought we were going to land on him:

bensface.jpg

54takeoff.jpg

54air.jpg

54air3.jpg

54air2.jpg

Raptizzle

FYT
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Killer footage guys. Julians blue flame with the KMC's is hands down the best looking blue raptor i've seen.

Banned
Reaction score
haha i've seen all these, but yet still love em just as much. Awesome videos guys.