Picked Her Up and Had Some Fun

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BobCajun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nothing you haven't seen already...Picked up my 2014 Ruby Red SE SCrew on Tuesday in the pouring VA rain. Options - SE, 801A, moonroof, spray in liner, bed extender, front camera, tailgate step.

Installed a Roll-X Thanksgiving morning, very happy with the product and the easy install.

Managed to get off-road just a bit while at my parent's farm for the holidays. Hauling across the hay field at 70mph almost felt like I was on the highway. Found a mix of manure, mud, and streams to play in. Tinkered a bit with the different settings (4H and off road) but since I was only on a 20 minute adventure didn't really get a feel for any of them. I was definitely impressed with how well she handled everything.

Hosed most of the chunky mud off that night (didn't actually wash). Then when I got home today I took the power washer to her. Trying to get underside clean was a PITA, lots of areas for mud/grass to collect. I was in hurry so not the best of jobs.

This picture is the morning after throwing some mud, so a mix of mud and frost in the picture.

Less than 500 miles on her, but loving every minute of it.

Attachments

• DSCN1699.jpg
    DSCN1699.jpg
    166.1 KB · Views: 118

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
nice to see a new dirty raptor!! i drove mine from the dealer to the dirt that was 25 miles away loved every second of it since i got mine in jan 2010 :welcome: and congrats!!

Black Lab

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's awesome! Today is my build date. Damn you Ford for making me wait! I'm thinking about calling the dealer ever hour and asking if it's ready yet.... I'm looking for places already to go get muddy straight from the dealer. :drool:

OP
OP
B

BobCajun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Already ordered mine 1,000 over invoice but just curious where in VA you ordered from?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jerry's Ford Leesburg working with Tom Schwietz. I was their first 2014 order. I know they have at least one other on order.

---------- Post added at 12:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:15 PM ----------

nice to see a new dirty raptor!! i drove mine from the dealer to the dirt that was 25 miles away loved every second of it since i got mine in jan 2010 :welcome: and congrats!!

That's awesome! Today is my build date. Damn you Ford for making me wait! I'm thinking about calling the dealer ever hour and asking if it's ready yet.... I'm looking for places already to go get muddy straight from the dealer. :drool:

Just by proximity to off-roading in the Northern VA, mine will be a street queen, daily driver 95% of the time. But when I can get dirty, I will. Heck, I even have one of the coveted Sno-Ball 500 spots and very much looking forward to it.

Any NOVA peeps ever try "The Cove" just west of Winchester?