Phone Button on the Steering Wheel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dreys

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Truck: 2020 Raptor, 802a Package
Phone: Android Galaxy S10

When phone is connected through bluetooth, phone button (picture of the phone) on the steering wheel doesn't do anything. Alternatively, I can go through the sync, click on Phone, Dial and can make calls that way. I can also hang up the call from the steering wheel, but not initiate the call.

How is that button suppose to work?

JohnC12

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Truck: 2020 Raptor, 802a Package
Phone: Android Galaxy S10

When phone is connected through bluetooth, phone button (picture of the phone) on the steering wheel doesn't do anything. Alternatively, I can go through the sync, click on Phone, Dial and can make calls that way. I can also hang up the call from the steering wheel, but not initiate the call.

How is that button suppose to work?
I use the center button (with the dude talking) to voice activate the call. The lower left phone button answers the call while the lower right phone button hangs up the call. Hope this helps.

68C26A08-1B96-4EE6-A0B2-2F73C455A606.jpeg

Trent 21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep... the phone up symbol is for answering the phone. The phone down is for hanging up. To make a call ya gotta hit the talking face button then follow the nice lady voice instructions and then tell her what ya wanna do or who ya wanna call.

MudLovingFJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In my 2016 F150 XLT if you clicked the answer button it would take you to your recent call list on the Sync screen. On my 2019 Raptor the button doesn’t do anything except answer incoming calls. Kinda frustrating after years of using that button as a shortcut

OP
OP
dreys

dreys

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In my 2016 F150 XLT if you clicked the answer button it would take you to your recent call list on the Sync screen. On my 2019 Raptor the button doesn’t do anything except answer incoming calls. Kinda frustrating after years of using that button as a shortcut

That's exactly what I was expecting that button to do. On pretty much every other car I have ever driven that button is used to bring up the phone menu.

Last edited: