Radio controls on steering wheel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NXTBADHABIT

Reaction score
Ok, I've posted this question on my initial introduction thread... Not really any ideas from anyone I've talked to as of yet. On the steering wheel there are your forward/back arrows that are SUPOSED to change the radio stations, however, on my spiffy new truck it changes the SOURCE. Changes them from XM, FM, AM, Phone... and reverse if you hit the other arrow button.

I've gone into the menu and checked and rechecked every last detail, and can't seem to figure out what the heck is the matter. Talked to the dealer this morning to see if I am missing a small detail, but they think the buttons are miss wired from the factory. I don't really believe that. I think there's a step I'm m missing, so for all the Raptor experts out there, please help if you wouldn't mind.

Sig Fanboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m no help. I know the steering wheel controls like the back of my hand on my Gen 2. Completely lost with the Gen 3. Ours does move to next preset though. Is there a volume control somewhere other than the knob on the radio?

NJ2020

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, I do... When I try to change the present stations it just changes the source.
Weird, I select the source on the screen and then my steering buttons run through the presets. Unless I start playing something in CarPlay and it moves to a normal skip

ltdan2025

Reaction score
I almost have to agree with the dealership that something was miswired. Not sure how or why but I do not know of any steering wheel on any truck that will change the source.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter