Pedal Coomander Weirdness

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
ktmcolorado

ktmcolorado

Reaction score
I found what i believe causes the engine light with pedal commander. If you have it set to any setting above sport +2 it has a higher chance of tripping a light. Its impossible to get it to trip on any setting under sport +2. My guy at the shop is convinced its the voltage going to the TB is too high in those upper setting on the commander causing the CEL. This is just a theory and I havent had any issues with any businesses causing it to flip out.

Not the problem. Mine is set to straight sport mode with no + settings.

B E N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I found what i believe causes the engine light with pedal commander. If you have it set to any setting above sport +2 it has a higher chance of tripping a light. Its impossible to get it to trip on any setting under sport +2. My guy at the shop is convinced its the voltage going to the TB is too high in those upper setting on the commander causing the CEL. This is just a theory and I havent had any issues with any businesses causing it to flip out.

Has he done any sort of data logging or meter testing to back this up? I would be interested to see how the PC behaves while in use.

Canuck714

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yikes... There is no way I would chance running a device on a Fly By Wire throttle that "could potentially have radio interference". Key the Mic and accelerate sounds super sketchy..lol

I think I would spend a little extra and get a tune that adjusts the PCM throttle position sensors instead of an in-between bluetooth device.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Don't think so at that location. But I drive past Starbucks all the time and don't have the issue.
Yeah, that remark was in jest. There used to be a lot of talk about Raptors hogging the Starbucks drivethru.
I will say the point about interference is interesting. I had a PC for a while and it just kept setting every light off and putting truck in limp mode, randomly. I trashed it and got a Burger Pedal Tuner, which is not bluetooth, same performance and adjustability as the PC, no issues going on months now.
My 15 year old son is still learning to drive so I usually dial it down to stock when he's behind the wheel. The other day I made him drive to school and he got a little redfaced and said the truck seemed really touchy. I really like it though.

SS308

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have the same issue when I pass a location with several radio towers together. I would limp past the location shut her down and a restart and everything was ok. It only happens at that location. Obviously some kind of radio/signal interference.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You could use a Faraday/RF bag or wrap, like what you put your EZ-pass in or what ever toll pass you use.
Some computer components come wrapped in it too.