Pedal Coomander Weirdness

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ktmcolorado

Reaction score
Wow...I may have the strangest problem ever with the Pedal Commander. I found out that it causes the wrench light/limp mode in my truck when I drive past the same shopping plaza. Every. Single. Time. And only at that one exact spot. The only thing I can think of is that there is something in that location that messes with the Pedal Commander through the Bluetooth. Anybody else getting the wrench with similar circumstances?

Low Rider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let me add a whole bunch to this. My first PC lasted almost two years and then weird stuff started happening. First I would get the wrench icon coming on along with the seatbelt light coming on, and Hill Descent icon coming on, the best part, the gas pedal QUIT WORKING. Absolutely nothing. This happened about three or four times until the last time, nursed it home and had to call a tow truck and take it to the dealer for them to figure out what the problem was. So about $300 later, it was the PC. So I called them, told them the problem and they sent me a new unit and that was this past September.
Two days ago the same thing happened again, but this time I knew what the problem was and was able to get to the side of the road and disconnect it. Called them that day and told them what happened. I had to send the old unit back so they could either repair it or replace it. So this one only lasted 6 months.
If you installed yours, you know how easy it is, about two minutes, so be prepared if this happens to you.
I’ll leave an update once I get the unit back.

hedonist222

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let me add a whole bunch to this. My first PC lasted almost two years and then weird stuff started happening. First I would get the wrench icon coming on along with the seatbelt light coming on, and Hill Descent icon coming on, the best part, the gas pedal QUIT WORKING. Absolutely nothing. This happened about three or four times until the last time, nursed it home and had to call a tow truck and take it to the dealer for them to figure out what the problem was. So about $300 later, it was the PC. So I called them, told them the problem and they sent me a new unit and that was this past September.
Two days ago the same thing happened again, but this time I knew what the problem was and was able to get to the side of the road and disconnect it. Called them that day and told them what happened. I had to send the old unit back so they could either repair it or replace it. So this one only lasted 6 months.
If you installed yours, you know how easy it is, about two minutes, so be prepared if this happens to you.
I’ll leave an update once I get the unit back.

The first time I connected mine

I had the same exact symptoms as you

Disconnecting it and reconnecting it resolved this

I only installed it 2 days ago & haven't had my car much

This is worrying

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Don't think so at that location. But I drive past Starbucks all the time and don't have the issue.

Pretty sure the Starbucks comment was a joke.

On the serious side, I had numerous issues with false alerts on my radar detector when driving into certain parking lots. It was caused by the automatic door opener sensors at the store. Some stores seem to have stronger sensors that are pointed well into the parking lot. I wonder if the Pedal Commander and/or it’s Bluetooth feature is susceptible to the same frequencies.

Kirby Lastinger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had mine installed for almost a year with no issues.
Wow...I may have the strangest problem ever with the Pedal Commander. I found out that it causes the wrench light/limp mode in my truck when I drive past the same shopping plaza. Every. Single. Time. And only at that one exact spot. The only thing I can think of is that there is something in that location that messes with the Pedal Commander through the Bluetooth. Anybody else getting the wrench with similar circumstances?

Remoat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found what i believe causes the engine light with pedal commander. If you have it set to any setting above sport +2 it has a higher chance of tripping a light. Its impossible to get it to trip on any setting under sport +2. My guy at the shop is convinced its the voltage going to the TB is too high in those upper setting on the commander causing the CEL. This is just a theory and I havent had any issues with any businesses causing it to flip out.

D

Deleted member 12951

I have had my PC since 2016 and absolutely no issues on pavement or dirt. Daily I am at City +3 and when I off-road I bump it up to Sport +2. There are no shopping center/malls when off-roading.

Chiefapple

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The pedal commander has issues with electrical interference. That’s why it doesn’t have a US certification. On that note, many never have an issue, but some do.

My pedal commander would increase the throttle every time I keyed up the mic on the vhf radio. I’m just lucky I happened to be in park when I found this out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk