Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

Pedal Commander! Awesomeness!

Discussion in 'Ford Raptor Engine Discussion and Performance Mods' started by dinoone, Jan 30, 2017.

1. hedonist222

hedonist222 Full Access Member

You know, I used the PC for a solid month before eventually deciding that I wanted a tune.

Despite the fact that I was uncomfortable using it (lots of errors during install/uninstall), it was fun. I had it on late city and early sport.

But after the first 3 or 4 days, I felt an empty spectrum after the acceleration.

Its a little hard to explain but yes, the raptor jolted at the touch of the throttle but then after the initial jolt, it felt empty? Almost like less fuel was being combusted.

Obviously my experience is neither scientific nor very tangible - but it is aptly described.

I now have an MPT tune and very happy. While I personally don't feel the MPT tune was a huge increase in performance, the lazy throttle remedy in addition to moderate performance is sufficient.

Most importantly, I'm not worried about phantom malfunctioning ...

2. scmsltn

scmsltn Full Access Member

That's a good summary and similar to my experience. I like the PC, but after the initial throttle it calms down. It makes me want a tune but I don't want any of the headaches or potential warranty issues that come with it (at this point). Once the truck is older I will put a tune on it.

3. TXCobra

TXCobra Full Access Member

I reinstalled the one I had on my 17 today. Feels good to have the better throttle response back. Mine is so old that it doesn’t have Bluetooth. I wish it did but not enough to spend another 300

4. CHMP

CHMP Full Access Member

Eh after installing the Bluetooth app and playing with mine it really doesn't do anything. Only useful feature is adjusting the backlight on the buttons.

5. TXCobra

TXCobra Full Access Member

I was just thinking it would be nice to tweak the modes from the phone instead of crawling under the dash where I have it stashed away.

6. hedonist222

yeah
    I had mine hidden in the foot well and controlled via my phone.

7. Wheelz96

Wheelz96 Full Access Member

Interesting to read this. I installed one a week or two ago and I have noticed similar things. The pedal response has certainly improved but it does not seem to pull as hard when WOT. I wasn't sure if this was just in my head but seems similar with others..

8. hedonist222

after a certain point in throttle-press - something happens that is akin to engine idling

9. Wheelz96

Wheelz96 Full Access Member

Can you elaborate more? I'm not sure I'm following what your saying here.

I'll have to take notice next time I drive it but I'm fairly confident that it's not pulling as hard as it was when I didn't have the PC. Could it not be downshifting to the lowest possible gear and because the throttle response is so much quicker maybe the truck doesn't think it needs to downshift any further? Am I way off base here?

10. hedonist222

see my post above #811

https://www.fordraptorforum.com/threads/pedal-commander-awesomeness.52321/page-19#post-1452833