Pedal Commander! Awesomeness!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

torrin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Negative. Entirely TOO SENSITIVE. Unsafe to drive. Out of curiosity, I did it for about 1/4 mile. Immediately removed it.

Not technically correct. It will work as well (or as bad) as without the tune. It just maps the throttle response higher by making it look like your mashing the gas pedal when you are not. MPT is an aggressive tune with throttle response, so it is likely be be nearly undrivable, but it "works"

kandewinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not technically correct. It will work as well (or as bad) as without the tune. It just maps the throttle response higher by making it look like your mashing the gas pedal when you are not. MPT is an aggressive tune with throttle response, so it is likely be be nearly undrivable, but it "works"

Yes, don't do it

Last edited:

jck

Reaction score
2017 Works great

It makes throttle so much more responsive and "ready to race".
"Sport Mode" on steroids.
Not "unsafe"
Just more fun

orlandotommy

Reaction score
Was going to try to return my PC today, i just felt like it was putting excess wear and tear on my engine, i have no idea about the mechanics of this device but i do like it, well i took it off, put it in the box then drove to the store, my 2018 Raptor felt like a Ford Focus, soon as i get home i put the PC back in, im keeping it! Love it!

DEGBTI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
question for guys with Gen 2's. When you say "city" or "sport" are you referring to the unit itself or the trucks modes? Example, some guys say "sport +2" is that in the trucks sport mode or the pc sport mode? Or, do you always leave the truck in "normal" mode, and just adjust the pc unit?

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
“Normal” can be a little confusing but I think the PC only has eco, city, sport and race, right?

so the only common term is sport.
Anything ‘city+1’ or ‘sport+2’ etc - any mode name with math after it :) is a pedal commander setting.

Be careful with the PC having the truck in sport mode. PC changes throttle signal and the truck uses that to gauge what you intend to do; continue caning the truck or roll back to eco mode after a short burst. If you add too much on the PC, the truck is always holding rpms for more expected caning. I think there is some variance between trucks, for me and Lucille, PC on city +2 is about as much as I want in truck sport mode. Anything more and the transmission shifting is too aggressive, and holds too long for routine street driving. YMMV

DEGBTI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
“Normal” can be a little confusing but I think the PC only has eco, city, sport and race, right?

so the only common term is sport.
Anything ‘city+1’ or ‘sport+2’ etc - any mode name with math after it :) is a pedal commander setting.

Be careful with the PC having the truck in sport mode. PC changes throttle signal and the truck uses that to gauge what you intend to do; continue caning the truck or roll back to eco mode after a short burst. If you add too much on the PC, the truck is always holding rpms for more expected caning. I think there is some variance between trucks, for me and Lucille, PC on city +2 is about as much as I want in truck sport mode. Anything more and the transmission shifting is too aggressive, and holds too long for routine street driving. YMMV

so you are saying, if you want "truck sport mode" for the racier tranny shifing, put the pc in city+2, for example. This is a good compromise between shifting and instant throttle. But having the truck in Sport AND the pc in sport may be too much as the shifting becomes too aggressive. Am I understanding correctly? Is the best bet just to leave the truck in Normal and use the PC in sport to get the fun factor?

Last, what does caning mean?

thank you