GEN 2 Our New Halon Fire Extinguisher + Mounting Bracket!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Muchmore

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Jesus you guys are cheap lol. This looks awesome and is the only stuff you want to spray in an expensive vehicle.

If that big of a fire started in your (very replaceable) expensive vehicle would you really try to put it out and piece it back together? Man, unless someone was in harm's way I think I would let it go for a while just to make sure.

This is a true story, I ran down to a neighbors house when their vehicle was on fire in the street after they just backed out of the driveway. She was screaming MY DOG IS IN THERE PLEASE HELP!! The battery was already dead and it was a Chevy that the doors locked when moving AND she didn't put in in park so the doors stayed locked. As I grabbed by extinguisher and put it out her husband came running outside LIVID! He wanted it to burn and she was screaming, but the dog is in there, he replied, "let that f-ing dog burn"

OP
OP
Olsen Motorsports

Olsen Motorsports

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You guys are awesome! Hilarious to read some of these comments.

Halon and Halotron are different. Halon was banned in 1994 and replaced with Halotron, which is Dupont FE36. It is a liquified gas and will not suffocate the driver. It is non corrosive! I spent ten years with Porsche Motorsports and way back in the day we had the liquids and foams. Those were a disaster to clean up and as the cars always had issues later, mostly electrical with wire harness's and ecu's corroding within a couple of weeks.

Safecraft has been around for over twenty years and Charles Espenlaub and myself go way back to the early days. I chose his product not because it is the cheapest, but I have always felt it was the best construction. I have seen many fire bottles come loose and they become projectiles in an accident. You cannot put a price on safety! Their products are military spec and used in many aircraft as well as defense.

Why did we choose this product to market? At Olsen Motorsports we only use best and I like really nice shiny well thought out stuff that just works.

Here is a quick informative video (no affiliation at all but very informative)

-Tim Olsen

Raptus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You guys are awesome! Hilarious to read some of these comments.

Halon and Halotron are different. Halon was banned in 1994 and replaced with Halotron, which is Dupont FE36. It is a liquified gas and will not suffocate the driver. It is non corrosive! I spent ten years with Porsche Motorsports and way back in the day we had the liquids and foams. Those were a disaster to clean up and as the cars always had issues later, mostly electrical with wire harness's and ecu's corroding within a couple of weeks.

Safecraft has been around for over twenty years and Charles Espenlaub and myself go way back to the early days. I chose his product not because it is the cheapest, but I have always felt it was the best construction. I have seen many fire bottles come loose and they become projectiles in an accident. You cannot put a price on safety! Their products are military spec and used in many aircraft as well as defense.

Why did we choose this product to market? At Olsen Motorsports we only use best and I like really nice shiny well thought out stuff that just works.

Here is a quick informative video (no affiliation at all but very informative)

-Tim Olsen
Tim,

Can you please explain how this mounts? Does it attach to existing hardware?

Is the bottle available in red too?

Thanks,

John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Olsen Motorsports

Olsen Motorsports

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tim,

Can you please explain how this mounts? Does it attach to existing hardware?

Is the bottle available in red too?

Thanks,

John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey John;

yes it bolts to the seat bolts no cutting or trimming of the plastic pieces. We ship standard with black wrinkle but just recently we did a custom color match for Ford Performance Blue We can order any color Safecraft stocks or make you a custom color!

-Tim

BroncoAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2.5# Halotron for $87

https://www.webstaurantstore.com/bu...MI7L7V35aM6gIV3h6tBh0bvwE-EAQYASABEgLtzfD_BwE

5# Halotron for $142

https://www.webstaurantstore.com/bu...MI7L7V35aM6gIV3h6tBh0bvwE-EAQYAiABEgKVSvD_BwE

I appreciate the vendor bringing a nice new product, but $658 minus 5% seems like a large markup for a simple tool like a fire extinguisher. I could get a full fire system in the engine compartment for less money.

https://www.summitracing.com/search/part-type/fire-suppression-systems?sortby=Default&sortorder=Ascending&keyword=Fire suppression system&kr=Fire suppression system

How about making me a bracket for the $87 extinguisher for $100?

Last edited: