Anyone made an extinguisher mount for in front of the seat?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I got a nice 2 1/2 lb Halotron since the EPA outlawed the real Halon. It looks to be very space limited in front of the seat without giving up a fair amount of forward seat travel. It doesn't look too bad to make a bracket that you could mount on the seat bolts, but it looks like it would be in the way unless you don't hardly move your seat. It would be fine for me, since I'm tall with a large member, but I'd rather not make it hard for normal humans to drive my truck. I was thinking I may mount it to the Oedro storage box in the rear if I can't figure out another spot. Any ideas welcome, almost.

Nice fixed nozzle Buckeye 2.5 lb Halotron with a vehicle mounting bracket for $110 shipped.

Buckeye 70251 Halotron Fire Extinguisher 2.5 lb. Fixed Nozzle, Vehicle (usaindustrialsupply.com)

Buckeye_70251.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Oldfart

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score

That looks super nice, but before I drop $658 at a minimum, I'll make my own bracket. That bracket also looks like it would limit forward travel of the seat. That's the same location I was looking at making a bracket to go from seat bolt mount to seat bolt mount. Thanks for that, though. If I can't figure out how to keep seat travel, I'll mount it on my Oedro rear storage box.

Last edited:

Olsen Motorsports

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That looks super nice, but before I drop $658 at a minimum, I'll make my own bracket. That bracket also looks like it would limit forward travel of the seat. That's the same location I was looking at making a bracket to go from seat bolt mount to seat bolt mount. Thanks for that, though. If I can't figure out how to keep seat travel, I'll mount it on my Oedro rear storage box.
You lose about 1” of forward travel. If you relocate the electrical connectors for the seat you will be able to travel all the way. The travel shouldn’t be an issue though as all the way forward is extremely uncomfortable to sit!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
OP
OP
Oldfart

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B015G3QXMY/?tag=fordraptorforum-20

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0089XA6Y0/?tag=fordraptorforum-20

The above is for example only. I’d much prefer to purchase from a supporting vendor, were they to have similar options available.

I have the mount above and a 2.5 pounder mounted to that bracket, and even my 5’ flat tall wife can drive the truck in her preferred spot. Unless your mini me is involved... you should be fine.

Did you mount it under the mounting bolts, or attach to the tracks? I was thinking of making bracket to attach to the mounting bolts.

OP
OP
Oldfart

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You lose about 1” of forward travel. If you relocate the electrical connectors for the seat you will be able to travel all the way. The travel shouldn’t be an issue though as all the way forward is extremely uncomfortable to sit!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, it's hard for me to tell that. At 6'3" if it's not back pretty far I can't even get in!

Reaper308

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I used the same set up that @smurfslayer used I mounted one in the bed of the truck attached to my Builtright rack and the other I mounted to the tracks on the passenger seat tracks the problem with the seat tracks is I limited the front seat travel forward more than I liked, also the wife’s purse kept unlatching the fire extinguisher holder. So I ended up mounting it under the back seat passenger side it’s working out well for me in those positions.
4C73375A-1B77-4ED9-B9C5-4CFC37362AD9.jpeg
694BE513-B089-4483-98D0-BAFADA07552D.jpeg

B08A6D18-D2C8-4DC1-B260-6A9793438102.jpeg