Ordering Eibach Springs - What Spring Compressor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dannym2009

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone successfully used a cheaper spring compressor to install the Eibachs? I figure if I can get one that will work SAFELY for around $100, it will pay off in the long run. Thanks in advance.

OP
OP
dannym2009

dannym2009

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My springs are coming end of the week. Has anyone successfully compressed the Eibachs with a cheap rental set from AutoZone or something like that? I am not too concerned with removing the stock springs, but more concerned with being able to compress the Eibachs. I watched a video on Stage 3 Motorsports with them installing Eibachs on a standard F150 and they used the cheap set, but said it was a pain. I try to avoid a shop doing work at all costs because I don't trust anyone but myself....

OP
OP
dannym2009

dannym2009

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Won’t let me open that link...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UrbanMenace

Reaction score
I tried the Walmart version. You can remove & install the factory springs with this unit but it didn't feel very safe. Unsuccessfully compressed the Eibach springs a significant amount, just bent the compressor arms.

Another more robust asymmetric spring compressor is available for a couple hundred dollars. Appears that it might work .... Believe a photos on the Eibach springs installed thread.

OP
OP
dannym2009

dannym2009

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Completed the install over the weekend with (2) sets of cheap rentals from Advance Auto Parts. Easilly compressed the stock springs with (1) set and used both sets to compress the Eibachs enough to get them installed.