Order still unscheduled? Have a tonneau cover on your build? REMOVE IT (maybe...)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

franky16

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tell them, you identify as a black non binary gender fluid bi-****** intersectional “female”, and if you don’t get your order in you’ll complain on Twitter. You’ll have your order built before any of us.

For the record, I don’t know what any of those words mean.

It may be as simple as to how much revenue sales the dealer makes (on the prioritization).
this

Duck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Howdy. So I saw a thread on Facebook where someone's dealer mentioned that Ford is out of tonneau covers, and then I just got a call from MY dealer who said exactly the same thing.

But she actually went so far as to say that my truck was still not even "scheduled to be scheduled" as long as the tonneau cover was still on the build, so they removed it the other day. Hoping I get a build week tomorrow at this point.

It's not 100% proof that that was why I'm unscheduled so far, but it's worth checking. That's an easy (I think?) after market add to be holding up my entire build... might want to look into it if you're still waiting, too!

my dealer anticipated this issue and recommended against since easy to install later. Then I realized to just transfer the one on my current ‘20 to the new one

Raptor37

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Better question then, does anyone who has received a build date have a tonneau cover of any type on their build and if so, which type?

OP
OP
FitzyGoesOffroad
Reaction score
Better question then, does anyone who has received a build date have a tonneau cover of any type on their build and if so, which type?
I think I've seen at least one person that had the cover and got a build date, but it got pushed.

Like others have pointed out, we're probably reading too much into some of this, and there are almost certainly factors we aren't aware of that are affecting scheduling.

So... who knows. I'll have a shiny new Raptor one day soon, and then I'll get it dirty, and then all will be right in the world.

RaptorWhoSaysNI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We are heading down a rabbit hole with all the speculation. Production will ramp up next week when they go back to 3 shifts. We should see things free up a bit and start moving along, but in the end we really have no idea unless Ford tells us.

RadRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tell them, you identify as a black non binary gender fluid bi-****** intersectional “female”, and if you don’t get your order in you’ll complain on Twitter. You’ll have your order built before any of us.

For the record, I don’t know what any of those words mean.

It may be as simple as to how much revenue sales the dealer makes (on the prioritization).
Thats offensive.....