Order still unscheduled? Have a tonneau cover on your build? REMOVE IT (maybe...)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Howdy. So I saw a thread on Facebook where someone's dealer mentioned that Ford is out of tonneau covers, and then I just got a call from MY dealer who said exactly the same thing.

But she actually went so far as to say that my truck was still not even "scheduled to be scheduled" as long as the tonneau cover was still on the build, so they removed it the other day. Hoping I get a build week tomorrow at this point.

It's not 100% proof that that was why I'm unscheduled so far, but it's worth checking. That's an easy (I think?) after market add to be holding up my entire build... might want to look into it if you're still waiting, too!

Raptorny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Howdy. So I saw a thread on Facebook where someone's dealer mentioned that Ford is out of tonneau covers, and then I just got a call from MY dealer who said exactly the same thing.

But she actually went so far as to say that my truck was still not even "scheduled to be scheduled" as long as the tonneau cover was still on the build, so they removed it the other day. Hoping I get a build week tomorrow at this point.

It's not 100% proof that that was why I'm unscheduled so far, but it's worth checking. That's an easy (I think?) after market add to be holding up my entire build... might want to look into it if you're still waiting, too!
THIS BUT I THINK SOME OF US THAT HAVE VINS AND RESCHEDULE DATES CANT CHANGE AT THIS POINT

tooldrmr2009

Full Access Member
Reaction score

just curious which cover did you have on your build?

Sephiroth

Reaction score
I dont buy it. My order went in june 16th, and its a fairly simple build. Oxford white, 801a, optional beadlocks....no bedliner, no tonneau, and im still unscheduled. I dont think removing the cover will be magical and get you scheduled any faster
It’s quite evident (as others have indicated so I’m not taking credit), that NO ONE knows *** is going on with any order. It’s big steaming pile of dog poop.

You guys are over thinking it. You’re that pretty girl that over thinks to the point she trips over her own two feet. But you guys sure are pretty!!!!!

Last edited:

Stan G

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s quote evident (as others have indicated so I’m not taking credit), that NO ONE knows *** is going on with any order. It’s big steaming pile of dog poop.

You guys are over thinking it. You’re that pretty girl that over thinks to the point she trips over her own two feet. But you guys sure are pretty!!!!!
Truth, I got my order in on day one...So far, I've got no VIN, no build date, just "Clean" according to the FP guys. It's all down to luck(and patience) at this point.

I wanted to do an all-inclusive video but, it looks like you guys will be bored of those before I even get mine! haha

Sephiroth

Reaction score
Truth, I got my order in on day one...So far, I've got no VIN, no build date, just "Clean" according to the FP guys. It's all down to luck(and patience) at this point.

I wanted to do an all-inclusive video but, it looks like you guys will be bored of those before I even get mine! haha
Tell them, you identify as a black non binary gender fluid bi-****** intersectional “female”, and if you don’t get your order in you’ll complain on Twitter. You’ll have your order built before any of us.

For the record, I don’t know what any of those words mean.

It may be as simple as to how much revenue sales the dealer makes (on the prioritization).

Last edited:

Vintage

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got the retactable cover. Hate to have my order held up by that. Should of done dealer install on it. Oh well. I'll check with my dealer to see if he can remove, but already have Vin.