Order Cancellation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
R

RaptorBoi

Reaction score
Wish I had know about this below msrp list beforehand! as far as the credit dispute well I used a check to leave as a deposit! Oh well I'll dispute this today. See what happens. Wish me luck!

Thanks again!!

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So in this situation what was the point of a deposit anyway? One needs to examine the facts and circumstances.

This is a two way street. So Customer 1 put a deposit on Truck (no contract in written) and will purchase it for $xxxx. The truck is delivered, Customer 2 comes in and says "hey I want that truck" and agrees to pay $xxxx plus $3,000. So the dealer sells the truck to customer 2, who is willing to pay more and refunds said deposit to Customer 1.

Poor business yes, legal?

The fact that the dealer did not have a written contract does not bode well for either the buyer or the seller. Although, one could argue there was an implied contract since there was an exchange of funds and the dealer performed by ordering the truck.

Again facts and circumstances gentlemen...

OP
OP
R

RaptorBoi

Reaction score
So I spoke with the dealership. Sales man states he talked to his boss and they said that they wouldn't refund me my deposit. It's late in the afternoon now so I will have to call back tomorrow and speak with the sales manager to make certain.

I call BS! Any other routes I can take anyone have the same issue with a stealership??

Thanks

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did the dealer cash your check? The reason I ask is sometimes the check is just held in your file...

comagt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't see why it's BS. You broke the deal and bought a truck elsewhere. The only leg you can stand on is if it's still unscheduled clean. To my understanding, they can cancel it with no harm.

OP
OP
R

RaptorBoi

Reaction score
They did cash the check! Yeah oh well guess your right. But they didn't know that! I just told them I wasn't in the position to buy at the moment.