Order Cancellation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

comagt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why cancel? Orders are still scheduling and if they cant convert your order to a fourteen it's a much easier conversation on getting the money back. We are talking four more weeks of waiting. That's like dropping out of HIgh School in the last semester with passing grades.....

03svt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
+1 doesnt make sense. if you have been unscheduled for that long why dont you instead tell your dealer to make you priority 1 or you will have to take your deposit back. or, just wait it out a bit longer on here and call svt every week like the rest of us did ha

OP
OP
R

RaptorBoi

Reaction score
Thanks for all your input guys. The deal is I found a better deal elsewhere. Even if he kept my deposit which i will not let it go that easy. I would still be paying around $4500 less for the same truck with an extra option (Moonroof) it's farther out but I can buy and fly.

trafficman337

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all your input guys. The deal is I found a better deal elsewhere. Even if he kept my deposit which i will not let it go that easy. I would still be paying around $4500 less for the same truck with an extra option (Moonroof) it's farther out but I can buy and fly.

Here is something I stumbled upon. You may want to look at this before you cancel and then have to wait until November. Very good info;

https://www.wheels.com/fleet/reference/ordering2008/2008StartupDates_USA.asp#FordTrucks

comagt

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Why didn't you say that? :) congrats!

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Glad you found something you like cheaper...that would have been nice to know in your OP...

No brainer now...as far as your deposit...remember you are the one walking away...

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
always leave your deposit on a credit card. If the dealer refuses to give your money back then you can initiate a "Charge Back" ... or a dispute. Once your credit card company starts this process, they actually charge the merchant a fee for the paperwork involved. You don't get charge anything.

Last edited:

RAPTORSV

FRF Addict
Reaction score
always leave your deposit on a credit card. If the dealer refuses to give your money back then you can initiate a "Charge Back" ... or a dispute. Once your credit card starts this process, they actually charge the merchant a fee for the paperwork involved. You don't get charge anything.

I always use American Express. They'll refund your money immediately and fight it out for you.