Onboard air compressors lets see them

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hmm... any worry with condensation? You've got an open element (basically) in the climate controlled cab and a tube under a very hot (or very cold) truck? Just wondering if that'd be a way for water to get in there and possibly pool in the sideways cylinder?

Probably not a big deal at all. I'm just a little paranoid when it comes to water and these things after seeing how little it takes to muck up the works.

---------- Post added at 01:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:39 PM ----------

PS: The way I figured out it was seized was after blowing a few fuses. They'd basically pop immediately after turning it on. Took me a little while (too long) to figure out it wasn't an electrical issue that was burning up the fuse.

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yep, still up there. Its hard to guesstimate these things, but I'd conservatively say its got maybe a dozen or so operating hours under its belt since moving up there? No problems whatsoever thus far.

The only thing I'd change is buying a bigger unit. It takes around 5-7mins to fill these 35" Grabbers from 20ish PSI to 44psi (depends on air temps, I've noticed). Each. If/when this compressor dies, I plan to drop a larger one in its place.

But until then, nope nothing at all I'd change.

Last edited:

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hmm... any worry with condensation? You've got an open element (basically) in the climate controlled cab and a tube under a very hot (or very cold) truck? Just wondering if that'd be a way for water to get in there and possibly pool in the sideways cylinder?

Probably not a big deal at all. I'm just a little paranoid when it comes to water and these things after seeing how little it takes to muck up the works.

---------- Post added at 01:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:39 PM ----------

PS: The way I figured out it was seized was after blowing a few fuses. They'd basically pop immediately after turning it on. Took me a little while (too long) to figure out it wasn't an electrical issue that was burning up the fuse.

None so far, but I'm also very good about regular tank drains for condensation. Time will tell. In reference to your comment below, agreed 100%. A bigger compressor would be nice.

Mjolnir

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Since I just got a bed rack, the space where my spare tire used to be is now one big open mod space. anyone mounted a setup back there?