Onboard air compressors lets see them

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dunesdude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I Know that some of you guys are running on board air compressors and i myself am thinking of running one too so lets see those setups :)

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've been thru hell and back with my Viair system, and I think what I've ended up with makes it all worth it. Check it out.

1-2.jpg

1a.jpg

2-2.jpg

3-2.jpg

4-2.jpg

5-2.jpg

6-2.jpg

7-2.jpg

That's a Viair 450c that originally had a tank connected, but that I dumped given the space (lack there of for it) afforded in this new location. I've used this system a few times now and don't miss the tank at all.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Here's a link to the thread on BigJ's compressor installation:
http://www.svtoffroad.com/showthrea...nstant-Duty-Onboard-Air-System&highlight=tank

FYI: I'm waiting on a vendor to provide me with some information and then I'll be posting information on how to go with a CO2 tank for inflating tires. Nothing is faster and more dependable than CO2 (as long as you have the tank with you).

The cost will be way less than Powertank and Outback Air. Stay tuned.

OP
OP
D

dunesdude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought of using a CO2 Tank but the problem with CO2 tanks over here "United Arab Emirates" is that we dont have that many places that refill CO2

OP
OP
D

dunesdude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
bigj how long does it usually take to fill up the tires from 20psi to 40psi, I tried my cousins ARB onboard compressor which looks very similar to yours and it took like 3-5 mins on each tire

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just over five minutes to go from 15 to 44.

IIRC the ARB version that looks like this is the CKMA12? It's a 50% duty cycle unit vs this Viair at 100%. However the flow rates on the ARB are about double those of the Viair. I'm a little surprised it took so long to fill a tire based on ARB's published data.

Last edited:

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
I am running a nitrogen bottle mounted in a Kiddie 20lb fire extinguisher mount. Fits perfect, works great. The problem is that there is no good place to mount the mount. These beds dont have a square surface anywhere on them.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I am running a nitrogen bottle mounted in a Kiddie 20lb fire extinguisher mount. Fits perfect, works great. The problem is that there is no good place to mount the mount. These beds dont have a square surface anywhere on them.

This is the mount that I've been considering most seriously. It can be securely installed to the bottom of the bed with support on the wheel well and it uses a standard bottle/tank mount bolted to a bent piece of painted steel.

mount.2.jpg