Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Olsen Motorsports

Olsen Motorsports

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would love some advice from the experts! Navigation. Looking for something that isn’t LeadNav (drives me crazy I have a hard time using it) and prefer not iPad based. Don’t really have a budget in mind on what I want to be under?

I’m really intrigued by the lowrance HDS12 but I always get stuck on it being a fish finder

any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

fftfk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would love some advice from the experts! Navigation. Looking for something that isn’t LeadNav (drives me crazy I have a hard time using it) and prefer not iPad based. Don’t really have a budget in mind on what I want to be under?

I’m really intrigued by the lowrance HDS12 but I always get stuck on it being a fish finder

any ideas would be greatly appreciated!
I’m not sure if you would consider this iPad based by Gaia works well cia CarPlay

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
I'm actually moving away from lowrance and will be using leadnav moving forward. The topo changes in baja enough that the PCI maps really don't do me much good anymore. It is a complete pain to get sat imagery on lowrance as well.

the flip side? once you learn them, they are simple to use, they are tough as nails and just about everyone that is seriously into playing in the dirt has a cache of trail maps for them.

bonus? you can use em in your boat too.

OP
OP
Olsen Motorsports

Olsen Motorsports

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm actually moving away from lowrance and will be using leadnav moving forward. The topo changes in baja enough that the PCI maps really don't do me much good anymore. It is a complete pain to get sat imagery on lowrance as well.

the flip side? once you learn them, they are simple to use, they are tough as nails and just about everyone that is seriously into playing in the dirt has a cache of trail maps for them.

bonus? you can use em in your boat too.
Thats great thank you!

Does the topography change there due to the sand shifting? That is on my bucket list to do some day! What an experience.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
Thats great thank you!

Does the topography change there due to the sand shifting? That is on my bucket list to do some day! What an experience.
in the past 3ish years, Baja has gotten a lot more rain than in years past. it has changed the landscape a fair bit. 3 years ago northern baja looked like the sound of music (completely green), which is insanely uncharacteristic.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Wish there was time to get this all done up but so busy at work probably going to sit here for a bit. Super stoked tho!

Wrong answer, Private!
busy at work. You have responsibilities man, where is your sense of duty? Work will still be there after you get this nifty tech installed and provide us our pics!

We’re living vicariously through your post here.

So hurry up already !

;-)

OP
OP
Olsen Motorsports

Olsen Motorsports

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wrong answer, Private!
busy at work. You have responsibilities man, where is your sense of duty? Work will still be there after you get this nifty tech installed and provide us our pics!

We’re living vicariously through your post here.

So hurry up already !

;-)
HAHA hilarious I wish it worked that way! Not only slammed at work but the house and backyard is getting a full gut rehab so life is a little crazy right now! Hey at least I get the satisfaction of opening the box and dreaming!!!

OP
OP
Olsen Motorsports

Olsen Motorsports

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FB691C6E-AA58-4D58-9E97-F96904F775E5.jpegBFF40F4E-6905-4C11-A920-96DFBA0E5B70.jpeg
The last of the goodies for the bed area came in. Switch pro RCR-Force 12 to control all the rear circuits in the truck bed. Need to start fabricating brackets!
This will control rear lights, both air compressors, battery switching solenoids, and rear winch!
So much work to do!