Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Olsen Motorsports

Olsen Motorsports

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update. So I hit a Boulder Sunday in the gen 2. Water all over the windscreen blinded me and by the time the wipers caught up it was too late. Took out the steering rack ugh. So it’s in for surgery as well as cam phasers.

OP
OP
Olsen Motorsports

Olsen Motorsports

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ouch. Get it fixed quickly so we don’t get bored with your Gen3 shenanigans. :p
Ha it’s at the dealer! I’m going to be down till the middle of august for updates. Just got a Ford GT40 MKII dropped on us at work. Arrives Sunday morning at 2am and we have to present at pebble beach for Monterey car week. 5 weeks to restore a car is no joke so it’s going to be around the clock time for the next month. Not looking forward to it!
https://www.goodingco.com/lot/1969-...red Online | June&sortBy=DEFAULT&pageNumber=0

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
ok... We’ll give you 3 weeks to post a Gen 2 update, none of those silly gen3 with 26”’s and probably negative offset updates.

Hey, at least you’re doing G*d’s work for the next few weeks.

OP
OP
Olsen Motorsports

Olsen Motorsports

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been forever since I updated this. Life has been stupid. Currently down at the Florida house and busy with opening a second location for our store down here in Naples. Cannot wait to get back to the CHI and tear the **** apart and get ready for Snoball.

Update on the Gen 3. Well that was supposed to be here in October, it is of course on a chip hold. I have the wheels, bed cover and other bits. Oh and the interior materials came in. Thats right! We are doing away with the blue that Ford put in and going with some custom stuff. Cant show it off yet but here is a sneak peek of the colors that we picked out. I have all of the Alcantara and leather in stock waiting on the truck UGH. I need to get it done so I can take it to the florida house and leave it there as the Porsche is sold.

1636254033674.png

So anyways that Is the seats, door panels etc.

GEN 2. Steering wheel nut came loose. Wheel was shaking all over the place from the nut coming loose and jacked up the seat. Really bad design. I tightened it back down but it will only happen again so I got a new steering wheel from a f150 and re did it in leather with some nice stitching. Can't tell from this photo but the baseball sticthing is red and blue. Just gotta get it on.
1636254431010.png

Explorer. That one is almost done. i bought all the ST TRIM that is gloss black and had it put on. Ran out of time on wheels (going gloss black), and put a roof box on it. Also changed the paint to satin Xpel. That project is almost done just have a couple more trim pieces to get done in black. Building this one up just for road trips so we dont pile miles on the nice cars.
1636254682524.png
1636254735826.png

Plan is to be back in the CHI by thanksgiving, spend the holidays there and then tear into the Gen2 day after Xmas and build it in a week Before I have to get back to FL after New Years. Snoball is 1/14 so running out of time fast!

ayoustin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The steering wheel nut coming loose is a bit alarming, I've not heard of that before.

Sounds like we're just going to miss each other haha. I'll be down in the Naples area visiting my mom right around Christmas and leaving a few days before New Years haha!