Oil question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
First of all, the owner's manual can be found here:10f12og3e.pdf

and it clearly states 5W-20

Secondly, you're from Pasadena where the record high was 110* in like 1934 and the average temp. in summer months is 83*. :manos:

chevyeater6.2

Banned
Reaction score
just because i live in pasadena doesnt mean i work in pasadena.and actually your wrong.....the record high this year was 118 and where i work (the yard in which i drive my raptor too) record high there was 121 this year.so looks like you need to quit strokin it.so when you guys gonna quit bein ******** and tell me why ford would screw up engines on purpose? whens ******* bent **** gonna ban me so i can move on with my life
First of all, the owner's manual can be found here:10f12og3e.pdf

and it clearly states 5W-20

Secondly, you're from Pasadena where the record high was 110* in like 1934 and the average temp. in summer months is 83*. :manos:

Last edited:

cat3306

Banned
Reaction score
hi guys im new here.great post going here.but this chevy eater guy seems to have the sme problem i have had with my raptor as well.only i live in barstow.ford told me that they would run 5w20 for the first 3 oil changes to get the engine broken in and then switch to 10w30 for the rest of the oil changes.i have read my manual as well (f150 manual) and it lists both weights of oils and that 5w20 was preferred but 10w30 would work as well.seeing as 10w30 cover more of my temp area than the 5w20.my oil light came on a week after i bought my 5.4.i took it in and they said they had alot of them (f150s included) that the oil light came on.they also told me that the 5w20 was for mostly back east driving where its pretty cool and you need thinner oil.im not trying to start anything but please correct me if im wrong.

OP
OP
Madcowranch

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
chevyeater6.2, are you really an angry and scared 15 year old girl? Come on now, tell the truth. We're on to your little web of lies now.

chevyeater6.2

Banned
Reaction score
web of lies? did you not read the comment above yours at all?you gonna call hi a liar too? his story seems genuine enough. ask him what dealer he goes too.btw the tech at galpin finds you guys comical that you dont even know what grade of oil to put in it.he said what was more fun was when everybody suggest mobil 1.the tech said that every truck that comes in with mobil 1 has metal in the filters. and right now mobil 1 is being sued for engines being lost and them not standing behind the guarantee.but thats ok you guys can always run pennzoil :D
chevyeater6.2, are you really an angry and scared 15 year old girl? Come on now, tell the truth. We're on to your little web of lies now.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
just because i live in pasadena doesnt mean i work in pasadena.and actually your wrong.....the record high this year was 118 and where i work (the yard in which i drive my raptor too) record high there was 121 this year.so looks like you need to quit strokin it.so when you guys gonna quit bein ******** and tell me why ford would screw up engines on purpose? whens ******* bent **** gonna ban me so i can move on with my life

hi guys im new here.great post going here.but this chevy eater guy seems to have the sme problem i have had with my raptor as well.only i live in barstow.ford told me that they would run 5w20 for the first 3 oil changes to get the engine broken in and then switch to 10w30 for the rest of the oil changes.i have read my manual as well (f150 manual) and it lists both weights of oils and that 5w20 was preferred but 10w30 would work as well.seeing as 10w30 cover more of my temp area than the 5w20.my oil light came on a week after i bought my 5.4.i took it in and they said they had alot of them (f150s included) that the oil light came on.they also told me that the 5w20 was for mostly back east driving where its pretty cool and you need thinner oil.im not trying to start anything but please correct me if im wrong.

web of lies? did you not read the comment above yours at all?you gonna call hi a liar too? his story seems genuine enough. ask him what dealer he goes too.btw the tech at galpin finds you guys comical that you dont even know what grade of oil to put in it.he said what was more fun was when everybody suggest mobil 1.the tech said that every truck that comes in with mobil 1 has metal in the filters. and right now mobil 1 is being sued for engines being lost and them not standing behind the guarantee.but thats ok you guys can always run pennzoil :D

Please be advised that cat3306 and chevyeater6.2 are the same person, same IP address, same computer. :shitsweak: :rofl:

chevyeater6.2

Banned
Reaction score
are you serious? really? wow thats low really low. i am in barstow right now tho on one of our jobs on a laptop so im probably using somebody elses internet.wow i cant believe you would actually think that.were not even the same age ********.
Please be advised that cat3306 and chevyeater6.2 are the same person, same IP address, same computer. :shitsweak: :rofl:

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
are you serious? really? wow thats low really low. i am in barstow right now tho on one of our jobs on a laptop so im probably using somebody elses internet.wow i cant believe you would actually think that.were not even the same age ********.

:rolleyes: hmm. ********? Bye bye. Enjoy the ban you're a useless troll...I gave you a chance. BentToast made you look like a bitch.