oil change

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ghost410

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m one of those idiots who changes every 3k (I know) and still have yet to find a clean way to deal with oil filter. The fumoto is an angel though!

Zeusmotorworks

Semi-retired, now just a happy grumpy old man!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does anyone offer a remote oil filter kit for this engine? Would be nice to relocate the filter to a simple spot and orientation that allowed for easy access and no spills. Also, would have a sleight bit more oil capacity depending on length of lines and filter size (if changed, but not necessary).

Would not hurt my feelings to change the filter from the top only needing to go underneath with a couple jugs to get to the Fumoto w/tube.

MagneticScrew

Reaction score
I thought I got the idea from another thread somewhere on here, but I make a little catch pan under the oil filter. I take an empty quart bottle, cut the entire side off it to make a little mini pan, then place it tight to the block under the filter. When I screw the filter off I tip it upright right away and remove. The little quart bottle oil pan catches the rest. If I move like John Wick I can sometimes pull the maneuver without spilling a drop. As far as emptying the pan goes, Fumoto with tube directly to an old jug for the win.