Oil change procedure

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fireguy144

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone
I just bought a 2019..in October. I dont dive it much so it sits in my garage.. I plan on using Amsoil and filter when the time comes to change the oil. What are your thoughts on this. Seems like the ratings are better than Mobil 1
Thanks guys.

Spectragod

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe overkill, but after draining I remove the oil pan and clean it out, it is the easier to access the oil pickup to remove it and clean it out too. I thought flushing the oil passages may be overkill... dunno?

Actually, I just take it to the dealer, I don’t get under cars anymore since my last alien abduction.

Simplejack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello all
I just bought a 2019 supercab blk.. my intentions are to use Amsoil and filter.... stats seem to be better than the Mobil 1. What are your thoughts

for me if it ain't broke dont fix it. I have never had problems with Mobil 1. some one did show better results with amsoil as you mentioned but to each their own. I wont have my truck past 100k miles or 4 years. If I did I would probably put alot more research and send it off to labs like some do here on this forum.

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
for me if it ain't broke dont fix it. I have never had problems with Mobil 1. .

+1

As I have said in countless other oil threads. I have been using Monil 1 full synthetic on all of my cars since 1992. 10 cars, and 800,000 miles tell me my oil is good to go.

every car since 2000 has been on manufacturer schedule which is some place between 7,000 and 10,000.

4 of those cars i had for 120,*** miles. I am confident in my oil practices and products.