Odd noise or invisible items in bed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

offcamber

Reaction score
On two separate occasions when stopping, both times sudden stops, it has sounded like I had something large in the bed that has slammed into the rear of the cab. My bed was completely empty. I can't reproduce it at will so I haven't taken it in. Has anyone experienced this or know what it could be?

StangGT5

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How new is your Gen 3? This is a total guess, but it could be loose trim or bed mounts. You sure it's not something under the rear seat? With all the rushed production today a lot of new car buyers are complaining about build quality, so I could see something being loose.

DougDimmadome

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had this happen a couple times, took me a while to realize that I had folded up the back seat but it didn't latch and made a hell of a bang when it fell back down. First time I heard it I was towing and thought the trailer jack had somehow bottomed out and hit the ground.

HAP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The rear seat back has done this same thing in my R as well. Not fully latched up.

R,
HAP