Ocotill Wells Camping Trip. Feb28(Night),March 1,2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MajorAR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
New moon weekend in Ocotillo was awesome! With no moon the exploration center had hot coco for the kids and three volunteer astronomers with high powered telescopes. I grabbed a spot in Holmes camp along the tree line that had an awning over a huge picnic table. It was warm but we had shade all day and it was perfect at night! Too hot? Not one complaint from the 4 yr old twins, or the 6, 8,and 12 year olds who rode bikes and quads all day Sat and Sun...

Awesome...that great news for this upcoming weekend.

Glassman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree, as for the dealership the last time I bought anything from them was in 91 and I could walk to them from my home. I think that say's everything !

My problem right now is I don't even know if they have opened the transfer case or have started replacing vacuum lines because that's the info I had giving them on the phone last Thursday from forum info and imput form everyone. not sure if I can just pit it up. Back in 04 I had one of those pos esclade's so to make a long story short they had asked me not to use the dealership for service after one of my personal visits. So not to go down that path again I'm trying to keep my cool for now. My plan is to get the truck back some day and being I only have around 2k left on my warranty I'm going to take to where I purchased it in hope they will be much better than my current dealership.

Well I took Landfill's advise and took it to where I bought the Raptor within two days they called and said that they needed to replace PS pump all hose's and rack with bolts included before they can start looking at the 4wh issue but the work so far is under warranty. Go figure a better dealership !!!!!!

MORAN HILL FORD ( I have found my place to buy & get service ) like there advertisement states drive a little save a lot

Not to bad mouth any dealership but I won't be going back to my Ford dealership in Santa Clara, CA. if you need to know who they are, I think you can figure it out.

Glassman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I took Landfill's advise and took it to where I bought the Raptor within two days they called and said that they needed to replace PS pump all hose's and rack with bolts included before they can start looking at the 4wh issue but the work so far is under warranty. Go figure a better dealership !!!!!!

MORAN HILL FORD ( I have found my place to buy & get service ) like there advertisement states drive a little save a lot

Not to bad mouth any dealership but I won't be going back to my Ford dealership in Santa Clara, CA. if you need to know who they are, I think you can figure it out.

I haven't drove my truck since the camping trip ( the first one ) the first dealership had my truck for almost 3 weeks then it took me some time to get out to Morgan Hill but now that they have it, looks like it won't be long be for I'll driving my Raptor again. But for now it's the pos Honda CR-V

RangerRob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
glad you got the truck down to a dealership that would take care of you Randy. Its been a long time since that first trip to Oco. I'd be going crazy without my truck for that long.
Let us know what they say about the 4wd.

-Rob

Glassman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your telling me, I think I'm going to have to make an appointment to see a psychiatrist and get some drugs for depression. It's getting to the point there no reason to go on.