News on the new Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jonesky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Personally I’m mildly skeptical the Raptor will run without gas ergo only electric. Not many plug ins on the Baja. I guess they could get busy like Long Way Up and make it happen. Etc.

Jonesky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It won’t. Not sure what you’re talking about. Nobody claimed it would.

Does someone have to? Merely projecting the efficacy of an electric vehicle in the wilderness. We live in a time where it seems to be an issue for some. That alright with you?

Last edited:

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does someone have to? Merely projecting the efficacy of an electric vehicle in the wilderness. We live in a time where it seems to be an issue for some. That alright with you?
If you can’t charge an EV you can’t use it. So I guess I don’t follow. Water is wet. I typed this on a phone. That alright with you?

Johnkn

FRF Addict
Reaction score

What in the world are you talking about? LOL.

There is no electric Raptor. The (ICE) Gen 3 Raptor has an optional 2kw generator.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Personally I’m mildly skeptical the Raptor will run without gas ergo only electric. Not many plug ins on the Baja. I guess they could get busy like Long Way Up and make it happen. Etc.
There's no gas stations out there either? Or 7/11's.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
There are actually more revisions in the new gen 3 then most may realize! The new 5-link rear suspension, Taller front shock towers and improved lived valve shocks. 15" suspension travel front and rear. Which approaches SVC mid travel numbers and firewall, frame and fender clearance for 37s from the factory. Along with an extended rear area to fit the full 37 spare under the truck. They did say if you choose the 37 option the suspension travel is limited to 14". The also improved the exhaust of the 3.5 and have yet to state power numbers. Since the generator option is on the new raptor I bet the motor will have electric takeoff to improve off the line performance. I'd say thats a decent amount of improvement for a new generation in my opinion.

those suspension travel numbers are for 35s.

The package with 37s is 13"/14" respectively.

My SVC mid-travel equipped truck cycles 17.5" front and 22" rear.

So, tell me...

13 = 17.5

and

14 = 22

right?

Not to mention, The shock package on a mid-travel truck DESTROYS what comes on a stock truck.

There is no electric takeoff function on the Gen3s either.

Also- anyone who seriously offroads will never leave a spare under the truck, so that's a moot point.

is the truck better stock for stock when compared to a Gen2, Sure!

Does a stock Gen3 compare, in any way, to a Gen2 on Midtravel suspension? absolutely not.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
There's no gas stations out there either? Or 7/11's.

If you screw it up properly, you'll go 300-400 miles without being anywhere close to a gas station in certain sections of Baja.

I have never seen a 7/11 in Baja. Usually, it's an Oxxo and they don't normally have gas pumps.

If you want to make an EV work to go offroading south of the border, you better bring a chase truck pulling a very healthy diesel generator.

There are a lot of towns that struggle with dependable electrical service, in particular about halfway down the peninsula.

Frogger22

“Not all who wander are lost” Tolkien
Reaction score
If you screw it up properly, you'll go 300-400 miles without being anywhere close to a gas station in certain sections of Baja.

I have never seen a 7/11 in Baja. Usually, it's an Oxxo and they don't normally have gas pumps.

If you want to make an EV work to go offroading south of the border, you better bring a chase truck pulling a very healthy diesel generator.

There are a lot of towns that struggle with dependable electrical service, in particular about halfway down the peninsula.

I feel a business opportunity, have a gas station / charging station right smack in the middle of BFE