News on the new Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A V8 SCAB on 37’s would be cool but not for 80-90k. At least not for me. I bought my ‘17 used for 50. Might get that back or at least close but that’s only halfway there. The new interior is nice but that’s bonkers money on a truck even if you have it laying around.

Geoffmp

Reaction score
There are actually more revisions in the new gen 3 then most may realize! The new 5-link rear suspension, Taller front shock towers and improved lived valve shocks. 15" suspension travel front and rear. Which approaches SVC mid travel numbers and firewall, frame and fender clearance for 37s from the factory. Along with an extended rear area to fit the full 37 spare under the truck. They did say if you choose the 37 option the suspension travel is limited to 14". The also improved the exhaust of the 3.5 and have yet to state power numbers. Since the generator option is on the new raptor I bet the motor will have electric takeoff to improve off the line performance. I'd say thats a decent amount of improvement for a new generation in my opinion.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There are actually more revisions in the new gen 3 then most may realize! The new 5-link rear suspension, Taller front shock towers and improved lived valve shocks. 15" suspension travel front and rear. Which approaches SVC mid travel numbers and firewall, frame and fender clearance for 37s from the factory. Along with an extended rear area to fit the full 37 spare under the truck. They did say if you choose the 37 option the suspension travel is limited to 14". The also improved the exhaust of the 3.5 and have yet to state power numbers. Since the generator option is on the new raptor I bet the motor will have electric takeoff to improve off the line performance. I'd say thats a decent amount of improvement for a new generation in my opinion.
Am I reading this correctly? Are you saying the Gen 3 is a hybrid "electric takeoff"?

Geoffmp

Reaction score
Am I reading this correctly? Are you saying the Gen 3 is a hybrid "electric takeoff"?

Sorry, Powerboost is the correct term. A ford rep showed the built in generator connection in the bed on the new Raptor. And that is currently only offered on the Powerboost F-150, so I think it's safe to assume it will be in the new Raptor. I am not an expert on it, but just making an educated guess.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sorry, Powerboost is the correct term. A ford rep showed the built in generator connection in the bed on the new Raptor. And that is currently only offered on the Powerboost F-150, so I think it's safe to assume it will be in the new Raptor. I am not an expert on it, but just making an educated guess.
I hear ya, but the 2kw offered on the raptor is not the same one offered on the powerboost, that one is 12.5kw or something like that, much higher wattage.

Geoffmp

Reaction score
I hear ya, but the 2kw offered on the raptor is not the same one offered on the powerboost, that one is 12.5kw or something like that, much higher wattage.

Ahhh! I missed that part. I did pay attention to the Kw since it's not something I need. But even a 2kw system would require some sort of electrified system correct?

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ahhh! I missed that part. I did pay attention to the Kw since it's not something I need. But even a 2kw system would require some sort of electrified system correct?
Yes, that's the mystery, I am thinking there is another battery or the engine is running all the time with a high output alternator.