Newbie From Maryland

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

New Guy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello All,

I'm another newbie from Rural Western Maryland.

Just ordered my Blue '14 SCREW last Saturday. Figured I would join the site now instead of being a lurker for 6-8 weeks. This site seems to be filled with tons of knowledge so I can't wait to learn and lend a hand if needed.

I'm a EE by education but have a strong mechanical and hydraulic background from past work experience.

Adam.

Welcome!

And I think you and me will/can be getting along just fine I am currently based in Annapolis so... hopefully you're not too far away.

Got a CFE Radiator, AFE Diff Cover, Tranny Pan, Braided Kevlar brake lines, PSR w/ cooler, (b/c I'm a Purist) 6.2L Powered by Ford Official Valve Covers - Blue Magnesium-coated, and Vortex Splash Guards (already), on order. And still looking into (2) Morocco Oil Catch Cans for a dual-set up.

So... what I'm getting at... If you don't mind helping me w/ my truck and I personally don't mind it being a Tester then let the mod fest begin! Oh and I pay in Cases of Beer... Lot's and lot's of Beer so projects will probably (inevitably) take much longer lol :win:

OP
OP
T

Test_Eng

Reaction score
First off, you haven't even hit the surface of this forum. I think there are guys on here who roll out of bed and this is the first thing they check. Your wife will learn to live with it. Second, I can't speak for everyone, but when I ordered my Raptor I received an order sheet that had the Raptor priced out with dealer and order numbers on the sheet. I would email your dealer and get this info and then politely ask Blood to look up your order for you, and then you will know the exact status of your Raptor. Good Luck.

Thanks for the info, I went to the dealer today to get my order info. My info was added to the 2014 order thread. I can't wait to see when my truck is scheduled to be built. As for my wife, what she doesn't know can't hurt her... Who am I kidding, she knows everything, I swear I have a tracking device on me at all times.

---------- Post added at 05:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:35 PM ----------

Welcome!

And I think you and me will/can be getting along just fine I am currently based in Annapolis so... hopefully you're not too far away.

Got a CFE Radiator, AFE Diff Cover, Tranny Pan, Braided Kevlar brake lines, PSR w/ cooler, (b/c I'm a Purist) 6.2L Powered by Ford Official Valve Covers - Blue Magnesium-coated, and Vortex Splash Guards (already), on order. And still looking into (2) Morocco Oil Catch Cans for a dual-set up.

So... what I'm getting at... If you don't mind helping me w/ my truck and I personally don't mind it being a Tester then let the mod fest begin! Oh and I pay in Cases of Beer... Lot's and lot's of Beer so projects will probably (inevitably) take much longer lol :win:

Hello "New Guy", I am located just west of Hagerstown.

You have a heck of a lot mods to install, If you get into a bind or need a hand let me know. Where did you find the valve covers? Oh, and yes I like beer.:favorites13:

naptown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. The wait for ur rig is no fun.
ENG- I'm in Annapolis as well. Should defiantly catch up. Love the mid list !

New Guy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello "New Guy", I am located just west of Hagerstown.

You have a heck of a lot mods to install, If you get into a bind or need a hand let me know. Where did you find the valve covers? Oh, and yes I like beer.:favorites13:

Yeah, when I go, I go hard and the Benjamins start raining

:fuckyea:

Seriously though, it's kind of hard to find anyone willing to moonlight from a garage or shop down here in Annapolis so for the stupid-high $$$ they want from me to do a few things, between me and a friend I'd rather try myself or get some help.

Truthfully, I'd really like to get some help with a NAV-TV set up, Dual Catch Can set-up, and conceivably the Radiator...

Hey guys. The wait for ur rig is no fun.
ENG- I'm in Annapolis as well. Should defiantly catch up. Love the mid list !

Wow naptown PM me man! We should meet up, I've seen a few Raptors around here but no-one really stopping to chat. I can tell you this from what I've seen in our area...

1) There's this heavily modified '12/13 Black Tux Screw rolling around w/ full bumpers, mid-perch, chase rack, and lights-on-lights-on-lights + bars. God... that truck made me stop and stare, guy just blew right by me though...

2) There's one crazy hot White girl that drives this Ox. White Screw around here, damn I been told by the guys at the dealership people be staring, hard.

3) I have access to a full-shop that's self serve so give me a holler and we can check things out.

OP
OP
T

Test_Eng

Reaction score
photo.jpg

Picked it up yesterday. So worth the wait. The truck is awesome.

Couple questions tho:

My truck didn't come with carpeted floor mats as the build sheet states. Anyone else get their 14 with carpeted floor mats?

The blinking circle on the navigation screen is really annoying. How do you get it to stop blinking?