From 22 Wildtrack to 23 Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MikeJones603

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last week I decided to join the Raptor club.
Funny I was in the market for a Bronco Raptor and after 25 calls of being laughed off the phone for even mentioning paying under 20k over sticker. I was just about to give up. Then I got a call from a kind dealer in Maryland about an F150 Raptor for MSRP.

And I got to thinking. I always wanted a pickup.

I waited 2 years for my Bronco and only had it for 3 months. It was good but coming from a challenger it was missing the fun aspect. So I thought a Bronco raptor could add back the fun factor.

I have to tell you within 30 seconds of getting behind the wheel I fell in love. It has a level of comfort I never experienced and the fun factor is almost hilariously fun for a truck of this size. Not to mention the insane practicality. The rear seat legroom reminds me of sitting I. JetBlue even more space.

I don’t miss the Bronco especially after the 4 hour drive to Maryland and the cabin noise. The F150 is silent compared to it.

The bronco raptor is no longer an option for me they can keep the 25k adm I am hooked!! Lol
View attachment 404337View attachment 404338
Nice truck, congrats! We have a 22 Wildtrack Saquash and a 22 Raptor 37pp. The Bronco is fun but it's not comparable to the Raptor in any aspects, to include performance (it does get bonus points for gas mileage)..

I fully agree with you, the cabin noise in the Bronco is really unimpressive. They could of done better in that area for sure.

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Nice truck, congrats! We have a 22 Wildtrack Saquash and a 22 Raptor 37pp. The Bronco is fun but it's not comparable to the Raptor in any aspects, to include performance (it does get bonus points for gas mileage)..

I fully agree with you, the cabin noise in the Bronco is really unimpressive. They could of done better in that area for sure.
When you can take the doors and roof off, there has to be a concession made somewhere…

Westbayou

Reaction score
I've been in my 22' Wildtrak for about 6-months. Came out of a Gen 2, and I'm shopping hard for a Gen 3 @MSRP. Same reasons as the OP. The Bronco is super fun to drive, looks great, but goodness is it LOUD on the highway. I drive a lot for work and I can't make phonecalls at 80mph because it sounds like I'm in a hurricane on the other end of the line. The wind noise is exhausting.

GTTXRAP

Drill Baby Drill
Reaction score
OP congrats you will love having that Raptor. I just added a 2 dr Bronco w/ SAS as an additional vehicle not replacement for my 37--nothing can compare to that. Each have their own purpose in my mind. Only way to compare would be to have a Bronco Raptor. I love this thing--and manual is my fav.

IMG_4929.jpg

OP
OP
J

johnnyrare

Reaction score
I've been in my 22' Wildtrak for about 6-months. Came out of a Gen 2, and I'm shopping hard for a Gen 3 @MSRP. Same reasons as the OP. The Bronco is super fun to drive, looks great, but goodness is it LOUD on the highway. I drive a lot for work and I can't make phonecalls at 80mph because it sounds like I'm in a hurricane on the other end of the line. The wind noise is exhausting.

I absolutely love and miss the look of my bronco. It’s like nothing on the road. But having it as my daily really ain’t an option. One infant car seat in the back and you can barley fit 2 adults with it. The biggest factor was wind noise I take a lot of long distance trips and my wife can’t even hear what I am saying when I speak at a slightly low volume when my baby is sleeping. Not to mention the headaches after the 2 hour drive. The f150 is an insanely practical road trip vehicle.

If I had a bronco as a toy and not a daily driver I would absolutely keep it. But as of now my toy is a c8 corvette and I can’t afford 2 toys