New Tire Time, What's Good These Days?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So just commuted in the rain…
Very quiet white noise at 80mph on highway. If you do less than 10-15 % off road a tear and live in a snowy area get these. Wet traction better than bfg and also handles a bit more nimble.

Attachments

• IMG_0109.jpeg
    IMG_0109.jpeg
    331.5 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_0111.jpeg
    IMG_0111.jpeg
    213.8 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_0110.jpeg
    IMG_0110.jpeg
    338.9 KB · Views: 81
OP
OP
Woolaroc

Woolaroc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like those they just look like street tires to me though... which is why I went with the coopers.

That's my thought as well. Looks like something I would have on a FX4 for a street tire, but not sure it fits the "look" I want on the Raptor. I'm sure it's an excellent tire.

Space Ghost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So just commuted in the rain…
Very quiet white noise at 80mph on highway. If you do less than 10-15 % off road a tear and live in a snowy area get these. Wet traction better than bfg and also handles a bit more nimble.
i hated mine, couldnt them off faster, were decent in the rain though. Quiet and prob a good hwy tire, but man i felt every bump and offroad was a bounce house.
They are (almost) ALL quiet at first :Big Laugh:
20k on my coopers and still really quiet. Only noise i hear is right after rotating and it goes away shortly.

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That's my thought as well. Looks like something I would have on a FX4 for a street tire, but not sure it fits the "look" I want on the Raptor. I'm sure it's an excellent tire.
Oh I agree, perhaps not an aesthetic choice… This rig is on fam duty as of right now (road trips snowboarding trips etc). If I wanted something aggressive amd louder i would have wound up with stock bfg or Recon Crapplers…

They are (almost) ALL quiet at first :Big Laugh:
Believe me i know. I’ve ran so many different types of AT and mud terrains over the years. As I age I grow weary of the choppy drones of post 15k mud/AT tires. This is the first quiet cab ive had in years…

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I like those they just look like street tires to me though... which is why I went with the coopers.
I was going to go with coopers but then I read about their compound getting very non compliant in freezing temps and wanted something with 3PMs. 280 a piece out the door after rebate mounted was a tie breaker…

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I was going to go with coopers but then I read about their compound getting very non compliant in freezing temps and wanted something with 3PMs. 280 a piece out the door after rebate mounted was a tie breaker…
I get it, I don't deal with snow ever so not needed...