New Raptor at Dealership with 44 miles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hi All,
Looking at purchasing a new 2020 Raptor that hasn’t been test driven. Found one with my build spec and the Dealership guarantees the current 44 miles arrived from the port with this milage and has not been test driven. In my search, I’ve found Raptors with a range of 7-12 miles that arrived from the port without being test driven. I’m fairly certain the one with 44 miles has been test driven.

When I was searching for my Porsche GT3RS, the dealership was able to read the ”over revs” from the on board computer. Anyone on this forum have first hand knowledge if it’s possible to obtain similar information from the Raptor onboard computer? I’m not technically savvy, but I would think high RPM revs or even RPM high revs before the engine was at operating temperature, might be able to get these reports.

feedback would be appreciated.

dude...relax.....it is a truck. you are way over thinking this.

#1...it is impossible to "over rev". the rev limiter kicks in before any damage can be done. a few hard pulls to red line will not hurt a new motor, and in fact can help break it in correctly when done with normal babying.

#2...unless you are worried some other dudes ass sweat is going to soil your seats, a 44 mile test drive means nothing :)

#3....the 3.5 eco boost is a very stout motor.....it would take a LOT of shenanigans for someone to damage it.

Buy your truck and enjoy it. For the record, my truck had 12 when i test drove it.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’ve never seen a new raptor at a dealership under 40 miles. My 18 new had 45 and my 19 new had 49. The nine others on the lot had between 44 and 51 with a demo at 144.

I have. My special-ordered 2011 was unloaded off the transporter and immediately put in the showroom. When I picked it up the next day it has 15.5 miles on the clock.

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Mine had 38 miles. I’m sure it was test driven even though it was a special order. My special order. I wasn’t thrilled but ultimately didn’t really give a ****. About to hit 30k miles now.

Beinkounter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi All,
Looking at purchasing a new 2020 Raptor that hasn’t been test driven. Found one with my build spec and the Dealership guarantees the current 44 miles arrived from the port with this milage and has not been test driven. In my search, I’ve found Raptors with a range of 7-12 miles that arrived from the port without being test driven. I’m fairly certain the one with 44 miles has been test driven.

When I was searching for my Porsche GT3RS, the dealership was able to read the ”over revs” from the on board computer. Anyone on this forum have first hand knowledge if it’s possible to obtain similar information from the Raptor onboard computer? I’m not technically savvy, but I would think high RPM revs or even RPM high revs before the engine was at operating temperature, might be able to get these reports.

feedback would be appreciated.

It was you!!! You’re the reason my local dealer wouldn’t let me test drive the raptor when I was shopping around! They said buyers don’t want a truck was driven.

But I’ll be honest, when I found my truck, it had 250 miles on it, and it pissed me off and I made the dealer knock a few hundred bucks off the price, but eventually I got to the same conclusion as Allinon72, this thing is not a delicate flower, that thing is a beast and a few engine revs won’t hurt it, so I bought the one with 250 miles on it.

Nickshu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2019 was fresh off the truck. It was a coincidence that I stopped by the dealer in May 2019 to see if they had any Raptors and they were unloading the truck right in front of the dealer with a Raptor spec'd out exactly how I would have special ordered it. Needless to say I made a deal on it right then and there. Mine had 10 miles on it off the truck.

abrown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Might be a dealer trade. Mine had 35 miles because they had to drive it across town from another dealer.

Outamyway

Reaction score
I would find out if it was either driven in the rain or if it’s been outside with direct exposure to sunlight. It’s probably ok if it was in a carport; however, acid rain can strip the wax right off the clear coat.

I would think twice because you never know what could have happened. Perhaps a pothole or dirty tire treads?

I would also smell the seats to make sure that no one farted in the truck. It should be easy to tell the difference between new car and old fart. But be sure to check your shoes before getting in the truck. I once stepped on a **** and thought it was a fart. I walked away from that deal but the smell didn’t go away. By the time I realized what happened the car was gone and all I had was a dirty stick.