New Posted Quick Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP

2022 Raptor

Reaction score
I am curious to see what you find out. I can remember if my truck makes noise going over bumps. Its been so long since I have driven it but I will surely check it out.

The dealer had my truck all day for this issue.

He called me and read off an oasis report stating that these high performance shocks are very noisy and there is nothing we can do.

I don't think I am going to keep these shocks on here for long.

Icon looks like they have a setup in the works for these trucks. The Kings may be a little out of my price range :).

It's really too bad. The Fox shocks on these trucks ride really nicely.

I can't imagine a Ford/Fox engineer tested these, heard the rattle and said "Yeah... Customers will be ok with that."

I don't know... Maybe I'm expecting too much.

I called Bill (I think he said Bill) at Fox racing and he verified with 100% certainty that the internal bypass shock on the Raptors will exhibit this noise during the road conditions that I described.

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The dealer had my truck all day for this issue.

He called me and read off an oasis report stating that these high performance shocks are very noisy and there is nothing we can do.

I don't think I am going to keep these shocks on here for long.

Icon looks like they have a setup in the works for these trucks. The Kings may be a little out of my price range :).

It's really too bad. The Fox shocks on these trucks ride really nicely.

I can't imagine a Ford/Fox engineer tested these, heard the rattle and said "Yeah... Customers will be ok with that."

I don't know... Maybe I'm expecting too much.

I called Bill (I think he said Bill) at Fox racing and he verified with 100% certainty that the internal bypass shock on the Raptors will exhibit this noise during the road conditions that I described.

All bypass shocks will have some "noise" to them. Nature of the beast.

OP
OP

2022 Raptor

Reaction score
Oh trust me, I understand. There is nothing like driving a new truck that sounds like a squeaky 1970 chevy.

Haha. Honestly it feels and sounds like my 97 f150 at 200,000 miles.

Oh well. What can ya do... The truck does ride fantastically.

I went to lunch with a friend and he said "What's that noise. Sounds like something is loose under there." I told him it was the high performance shocks.

He told me is sounded more like low performance shocks.

Although I did have carbon ceramic brakes on a previous car and they squeaked to hi hell.

Last edited:

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Haha. Honestly it feels and sounds like my 97 f150 at 200,000 miles.

Oh well. What can ya do... The truck does ride fantastically.

I went to lunch with a friend and he said "What's that noise. Sounds like something is loos under there." I told him it was the high performance shocks.

He told me is sounded more like performance shocks.

Although I did have carbon ceramic brakes on a previous car and they squeaked to hi hell.

rides like no other production truck, usually shuts up the negative nancys. Especially, when you charge off road at highway speeds... :)

PUSHER MAN 75

Reaction score
Noisy shocks

My rappy doesn't sound so happy when the mercury dips below zero. Dealer has replaced front shocks twice & within a few weeks they rattle like an old worn out set of struts.

BudOneAirship

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2011 has the same issue. My wife drives an 11 F-150 FX4 and does not have any shock or suspension noise. My Raptor however sounds like the front end is coming apart going down the dirt road to my driveway. I was told the same thing about the shocks being noisy due to the kind of shocks they are. I've just gotten used to it until I drive my wifes truck and notice how quiet hers is. I've been under mine several times looking for anything loose to no avail.
Seems it is just the nature of the beast.

Reaction score
My 2011 has the same issue. My wife drives an 11 F-150 FX4 and does not have any shock or suspension noise. My Raptor however sounds like the front end is coming apart going down the dirt road to my driveway. I was told the same thing about the shocks being noisy due to the kind of shocks they are. I've just gotten used to it until I drive my wifes truck and notice how quiet hers is. I've been under mine several times looking for anything loose to no avail.
Seems it is just the nature of the beast.

Yup.

I will eventually replace with a different shock. Maybe one from ICON or King with an external bypass. I think the internal bypass is what makes it noisier. It's hard to believe Ford let this go to production. Even if it IS what the shock sounds like. Just because something is supposed to do it, doesn't mean it was the right choice.