New good year tires , very light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pinned

Reaction score
Sooooo with these tires you are getting a narrower 33 to replace your 35's (34.8") with?
BFG K02s, on the truck, measure right around 33" just like these. I didn't feel like climbing under the truck in the dark to measure the spare, but maybe I will tomorrow. All tires measure shorter with weight on them, these shouldn't really be any shorter than the stock tires.

quikag

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BFG K02s, on the truck, measure right around 33" just like these. I didn't feel like climbing under the truck in the dark to measure the spare, but maybe I will tomorrow. All tires measure shorter with weight on them, these shouldn't really be any shorter than the stock tires.
Yeah, they are both 315/70/R17, so not really sure how they could be super different since the tire size is technically the same.

Pinned

Reaction score
Measuring K02s on the truck they are ~33" tall and 10" wide. So it appears that these are maybe .25" shorter and about 1" (or a bit less) narrower. Personally, narrower isn't a big issue for me and I don't think that the height differential will mean too much (if there even is one).

Quikag, if you happen to take a pic of the full truck with these tires mounted I'd be curious to see it! Thanks again for taking the plunge on these for all of us.

Zeusmotorworks

Semi-retired, now just a happy grumpy old man!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Was thinking of the Fierce Attitudes I had on another vehicle. Looking back they were 34.8 according to all the tire outlets. Did not realize the KO2s in 315/70/17 was that much smaller than a 35.

FDHog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agreed. I meant to say that the Goodyears and K02's are similar road noise (meaning minimal) when new. The past few thousand miles (at least) on my K02's they were quite noisy as they got close to the wear bars/worn out.

Overall, I'm liking the Territorys so far.
You're kidding right? KO2's noisy? If these new Goodyears are as noisy as my Duratracs were on my AT4, you can keep them. The more the Duratracs wore, the worse the noise got, to the point of giving me a friggin headache. Also, their sidewalls are probably gonna be a lot softer, just like the Duratracs. I've been running KO2's for years on different vehicles and never had a noise problem. But, if they make you happy, good for you.

OP
OP
G

Gsteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i think the dura will be much noisier than the territory , looking at the tread block gaps

quikag

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You're kidding right? KO2's noisy? If these new Goodyears are as noisy as my Duratracs were on my AT4, you can keep them. The more the Duratracs wore, the worse the noise got, to the point of giving me a friggin headache. Also, their sidewalls are probably gonna be a lot softer, just like the Duratracs. I've been running KO2's for years on different vehicles and never had a noise problem. But, if they make you happy, good for you.
The K02’s were only noisy when they were worn out and near/at the wear bars. The Goodyear’s now are at least as quiet as the K02’s were when NEW. They are a quiet tire overall for sure.