New good year tires , very light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gsteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
GY makes a new tire , wilderness i think its called. It comes on the TRX and the new bronco. Looks like a decent AT tire but the interesting part is its supposed to weigh 13 lbs less than the KO2. Should be interesting.......

Idaho

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting that Tire Rack also says the max tire inflation is 35 psi for that tire. The weight plus that low of a max tire pressure rating has me assuming they are not a very "tough" tire compared to others and could lead to punctures easier.

lawdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Videos on it...say AT already on OEM new F-150s in 18" tires, MT on Silverado Realtree, TRX, and Bronco Sasquatch.

AT:

MT:

OP
OP
G

Gsteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I went at looked at it on a trx. Looks fine , pretty expensive. I’m due for new tires so I’m looking.

quikag

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you lost 23lb per corner of unsprung weight it would be equal to dropping around 300lb of sprung weight. Translates to like 3 tenths faster in a quarter mile.

Yep, that much unsprung weight loss is very substantial and would actually affect how the Raptor drives. I'm definitely going to check these tires out too since I have about 30k on my OEM tires on my '19 and they are getting pretty loud and near the wear bars.

quikag

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would a guy notice a tire that’s 23 lbs lighter ?
It's 52lbs versus 65lbs for the K02, so 13lbs lighter. General rule is to take unsprung weight and multiply by 4 to get equivalent performance improvement compared to static weight. So, truck would perform roughly 52lbs*4 or 208lbs "lighter" in performance. It would probably be noticeable to a small degree.