New good year tires , very light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

quikag

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice. Regarding the noise compared to stock, I don't really remember any road noise from new KO2's. Now with about 30k they are howling.

Agreed. I meant to say that the Goodyears and K02's are similar road noise (meaning minimal) when new. The past few thousand miles (at least) on my K02's they were quite noisy as they got close to the wear bars/worn out.

Overall, I'm liking the Territorys so far.

Pinned

Reaction score
I'm really curious about these new Goodyears - quikag, have you tracked your mileage at all? Curious how they're doing compared to the stock K02s.

quikag

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm really curious about these new Goodyears - quikag, have you tracked your mileage at all? Curious how they're doing compared to the stock K02s.

I don't have enough miles on them to be able to differentiate yet. Also, my drives vary pretty dramatically. Some tanks are more highway, others are more city, so it's pretty hard to gauge.

That said, it is highly likely mileage will be better as the tire is a bit narrower and lighter which can only help mileage.

quikag

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A narrower tire would have a reason to be lighter. BFG 10.6 vs GY 9.2

Some might notice the difference...

I did notice the tire is a bit narrower. Not super noticeable, but I did see a minor difference.

Pinned

Reaction score
A narrower tire would have a reason to be lighter. BFG 10.6 vs GY 9.2

Some might notice the difference...
Absolutely - to shed that much weight over the K02 there has to be more than just lighter casings. I don't mind the narrower look at all, and it would likely increase snow traction which is a positive to me. I am a little bit skeptical about the very low 35psi max inflation though.

esigfrid250

Reaction score
Hey Quikag, any chance you can post up some actual measurements on the mounted GY tires so we can compare to the BFG's. Actual diameter and actual width? I'm curious to see if they are actually 1.4 inches narrower. I am interested in these tires also but there is not a lot of reliable info on these tires yet. Their not even listed on Goodyears home page that I can see. Thanks

quikag

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Quikag, any chance you can post up some actual measurements on the mounted GY tires so we can compare to the BFG's. Actual diameter and actual width? I'm curious to see if they are actually 1.4 inches narrower. I am interested in these tires also but there is not a lot of reliable info on these tires yet. Their not even listed on Goodyears home page that I can see. Thanks
See attached.

Attachments

• gytireheight.jpg
    gytireheight.jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 97
  • gytirewidth.jpg
    gytirewidth.jpg
    345.5 KB · Views: 95

quikag

Full Access Member
Reaction score

So, this is just a limited data sample, but similar driving conditions (maybe a little less tire spinning since I don't want to prematurely wear brand new tires lol) and I got a solid 1 mpg higher on this last full tank (14.9 mixed versus 13.9 mixed).

Now, I highly doubt these tires alone add a full mpg, but the are a bit narrower (less wind resistance) and lighter (50+lbs of rotating weight), so there is definitely going to be an improvement. May be psychological, but the truck seems to roll down the road a bit easier. Whatever.

In short, I'm liking the tires a lot so far.