New 2019 Raptor inbound....Time to start planning mods

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I've been wanting a new dd for a while and I've found quite a few people that enjoy the versatility of the Raptor. I currently have a 2017 GMC 2500 HD Denali with about $35K in mods that just sits in my driveway. We bought it to tow some dirt bikes and our RZR, but we just don't drive it enough. It's too big to daily drive for me, but I still like the utility of having at least one truck in the stable so it's going to go.

Just drove home my 2019 Raptor and it really checks all the boxes for me; fun to drive, handles well in multiple terrains/situations, nice tech, like the body stye, not too big, can tow 8,000 lbs.

Definitely plan to do some performance mods and likely some exterior mods as well (bumpers/lights).

I'm probably going to hold off on wheels/suspension until I've had the chance to put some miles on it. I drove it home from the dealership over some bad roads, a little bit of dirt and super tight, steep winding roads and was really impressed with how it handles a variety of terrain.

Looks like there are tons of great options for the aftermarket and I'll be looking through threads on the forum to get some ideas.

Rapt-up

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum , Enjoy your new Raptor .Sounds like it will be a better fit for your needs. Speaking of mods Get a set of the fog lights/driving lights from one of our forum sponsors FordRaptorLights.com,I have been very pleased with mine

OP
OP
D
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. It's stock now, so not much to photograph. I'll post some before and after pics once all the mods are done. I'm looking at some ADD bumpers/Rigid lights, Borla or AWE exhaust, intercooler, custom tune, train horn, and maybe a chase rack with lights.

Specialtyperformanceparts

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. It's stock now, so not much to photograph. I'll post some before and after pics once all the mods are done. I'm looking at some ADD bumpers/Rigid lights, Borla or AWE exhaust, intercooler, custom tune, train horn, and maybe a chase rack with lights.

You might check us out. We have many exclusive products for the Raptor including the Radiance 360 or scene 360 light kits.

Spvparts.com

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLRTd4VSm33TJslnlTalX6dTV51Oq065AI

OP
OP
D
Reaction score
Glad the Cobb tune is here for the 2019. I'm not concerned about running dyno numbers, but Goosetuned sent me the accessport and I have the stage 1 93 octane tune on it now. I'm waiting on my ADD Stealth Fighter and RIGID lights for the front. I decided to go with the Honey Badger for the rear bumper, but they are back ordered for a few months. I'm planning to order the Mountune IC and I'm still trying to decide with CAI to get. Most importantly, I'm listening to YouTube videos for various exhaust systems and trying which direction I'll go. Exhaust sound is very much an individual preference. The stock exhaust sounds better under load with just the tune.

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The denali is "too big for you to daily" but the raptor is perfect? The raptor is taller, wider, and a little shorter...