New 2017 Raptor, New Section.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WyoStorm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So you're thinking the 500lbs of savings is the new aluminum body plus the lighter engine? I got the impression that the aluminum body alone saved 500lbs. Anyone have a link to clarify this? Anyone have the current weight of our 6.2L vs the current or new 2015 3.5L ecoboost engine?

cups

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Homie said it best, we do research with owners to see what they use the truck for and their off road applications. I guess they sit at a lot of Starbucks and hit curbs. Pretty sure they didn't talk to anyone on this forum.

Sure they did. They got all the data from refused warranty claims and the vids and forum posts documenting our abuse, I mean use.

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
don't forget, the current raptor had some weight savings built in ... composite hood and front fenders. So I only see weight savings in the front from the engine compartment. And any additional weight savings in the new Raptor will be from an Aluminum cab, doors, ect. and an Aluminum bed.

I think there is no doubt the 3.5L V6 TT is lighter then the 6.2L V8.

So you're thinking the 500lbs of savings is the new aluminum body plus the lighter engine? I got the impression that the aluminum body alone saved 500lbs. Anyone have a link to clarify this? Anyone have the current weight of our 6.2L vs the current or new 2015 3.5L ecoboost engine?

WyoStorm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have no doubt the 3.5L Eco is lighter. I'm just curious if in any of their statements it says the 500lb+ of savings includes the savings from the body and engine or just the body. I was thinking it was 500lbs of savings from the body alone with additional savings from the engine. And I believe the wording they've been using in 500lb+ (could be 501 but I thought that's how it's been worded). Now I'm going to have to go back through and listend and re-read everything.

---------- Post added at 12:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:25 PM ----------

In case anyone wants info on the 2017 when it becomes available. Just select the 2017 F-150 Raptor!

Ford

---------- Post added at 12:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 PM ----------

Depending on how you parse the meaning of the sentences it could be interpreted either way. It sounds like the new aluminum alloy body saved more than 500lbs by itself but it depends on how you interpret it.

"Toughest: All-new, purpose-built high-strength steel frame unique to Ford F-150 Raptor, and high-strength, military-grade, aluminum-alloy body help save more than 500 pounds of weight for improved performance and capability"

https://media.ford.com/content/fordmedia/fna/us/en/news/2015/01/12/all-new-f-150-raptor.html

---------- Post added at 12:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:49 PM ----------

Haven't seen this posted yet:

http://www.at.ford.com/SiteCollectionImages/2015_NA/Jan/NAIAS/Raptor QandA.pdf

LITTLEELVISDAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I heard it was getting 4 wheel independent suspension with fully articulating hubs. This allows for a wheel travel of 18 inches without ANY caster or camber issues. This also means there will be no need to ever align the suspension again on ANY perch setting.

beadblaster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In one of the rags they did a comparison test between a 2015 platinum fôrd and equivalent chevy and dodge. The Ford weighed the same as the other trucks at almost 5600 lbs.

E63

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I noticed what appears to be a dead pedal at the 5:59 point on the new video"everything you want to know..." thats cool I love my "wicked" dead pedal that you can't get anymore. I also noticed led lights on the inside of the bed tucked into the corners behind the taillights. I also saw rear vents for AC, although they may be back there and I never noticed.

Curious if anyone has heard about AC in the front seats? I absolutely love that feature and use it on hot desert runs.

FullAuto

FRF Addict
Reaction score
From another thread:
Hey FullAuto,

I only handle the SYNC stuff, but feel free to send this feedback over to our awesome FordService account: http://www.fordraptorforum.com/private.php?do=newpm&u=14108 :)

Kim

Does anyone have a good email address that will get me to the old SVT guys (Ford Performance what???). I already emailed corporate on my thoughts on the new 2017 Raptor but I'd like to get an email to Jamaal and company. I hope many of us will send some solid, respectful emails to Ford and what changes we'd like to see in the 2017 Raptor before it's finalized. I'm sure we can get some tweaks if our voice is loud enough. Maybe the V8 option is beyond a possibility but let's at least give it a try.

Why not setup an online petition that we can all sign?

WyoStorm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I noticed what appears to be a dead pedal at the 5:59 point on the new video"everything you want to know..." thats cool I love my "wicked" dead pedal that you can't get anymore. I also noticed led lights on the inside of the bed tucked into the corners behind the taillights. I also saw rear vents for AC, although they may be back there and I never noticed.

Curious if anyone has heard about AC in the front seats? I absolutely love that feature and use it on hot desert runs.

You mean cooled seats on the 2017? I'm sure that'll be an option still. I've actually had a lot of problems with mine. They've replaced the unit twice already and I still don't think it's working that well. Will have to wait for summer again to give it a good test. It is a great feature when it's working right!