New 2017 Raptor, New Section.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Johndeere99

Reaction score
1 - it seems you don't like push button start so don't buy a car that has push button start.

2 - in all my years of driving, I have never lost or misplaced my keys. I assume your wife has dropped you off at barber shop and than ran to the convenience store while you are getting a hair cut. And the the keys were in your pocket? That must have sucked. :)

3 - and btw ... my wife has driven my Raptor once in 2 years. She does not like it as it is just too big for her. :)

You assume wrong and probably way to much.

Rubare

Reaction score
First I don't dislike the big FORD on the tail gate I just don't like it on both the front and back. I think it would look good with a big ovel FORD on the front filling up the grill with it.

Engin I think will be offered with both the 6.2 and eb with a push on the eb.

Correct! If we are going to pay 60k to 70k for this truck why not have the choice of the engine We want in it. I understand the push for better more fuel efficient engines, but why put a V6 in this truck. i also understand that the government it mandating these changes to happened but I don't see Dodge putting v6tt in their hellcats. So can someone please explain to me why is it that Ford is using this engine in such a badass truck? Ok the engine will be more powerfull than the 6.2l V8. But remember that's with the help of turbos. I have 411hp more or less from my v8 anytime of the day everyday. If one of those turbos go bad how many horse power will I be losing? It'll be sad to see A raptor being out run by a Camry or a accord cause those turbos decided to take a day off lol. It's simple don't Try to effing fool me with more HP and torque from a V6. A V8 will always be a V8. If I want to go put some turbos or super charge it and raise those 411hp up. At least I have that choice. So I don't care what other say, I stick with my V8 all day. I seriously hope these new raptor don't sell till ford put a nice V8 as a choice.

Ni9mm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's motorhead mayhem in here.

Just make it go fast and I'll drive the wheels off it when it finally starts production in 20 months or so.

ZaneMasterX

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Weren't you going to buy the last model, too? And don't you need to check with the breadwinner of your family before you go making any decisions?

Again, my wife is not the 'breadwinner', she is a student and doesnt pay a single bill. When she graduates she will make a bit more than me and Im 100% fine with that. Who wouldnt want a wife that makes a crap load of money and is into trucks, guns, and sleds?

And yes I WAS going to buy the 2014 and decided that early 2013 but then things changed and my wife decided to go back to school which is roughly $60-$70k which ate the money I had saved for the truck. But again, thanks for following me around and entertaining me on my down time from work.

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Awesome Video!

3 take aways:

- interior is still being worked on and that 3 different interiors may be offered
- Scab and Screw will be available.
- frame is updated/stronger and it is not the same frame as the one used on the F150

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8dgiA0-7mU

Not really everything we needed to know but it's getting closer and closer for more info.

ofcbarbrady

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Awesome Video!

3 take aways:

- interior is still being worked on and that 3 different interiors may be offered
- Scab and Screw will be available.
- frame is updated/stronger and it is not the same frame as the one used on the F150

1 more :
There's still a whip antennae......(Seriously--- get rid of that thing already!!)

I'm sold. Now we need some leaked technical details. Just hope they expand the color pallet a bit. I like the blue embossed "Raptor" on the seats. And I like that it looks like little minor details (painted wheel wells and axle) are taken care of. Although this just may be the concept. It'll be interesting just what, if anything, changes.

ossachuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the new raptor looks great!! But in the end im glad to have gotten my v8. Im sure its going to be able to take off like a jet, but im completely content with my 2013.

WyoStorm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Does anyone have a good email address that will get me to the old SVT guys (Ford Performance what???). I already emailed corporate on my thoughts on the new 2017 Raptor but I'd like to get an email to Jamaal and company. I hope many of us will send some solid, respectful emails to Ford and what changes we'd like to see in the 2017 Raptor before it's finalized. I'm sure we can get some tweaks if our voice is loud enough. Maybe the V8 option is beyond a possibility but let's at least give it a try.