Need Your Help! To buy or not? Pics attached

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
PBARaptor

PBARaptor

Reaction score
Carmax will probably say their price factors in the condition under the hood. True or not, won't matter; they're fine letting you walk. Good idea for a thorough inspection, especially for wires, hoses, insulation, etc. I would walk if they find anything.

I just looked under my hood. The dirty spot on the hood liner is above a cavity of the battery and core support. I don't think it's related to the battery. Maybe some dirt/pollen that found it's way in the engine bay.
Thanks for the info. Yeah, I wasn't sure if it was an explosion of battery acid or what. Then I thought windshield wiper fluid but wouldn't think that would cause that kind of damage.

JefferyGT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Carmax does not negotiate just FYI. You are just a number to them If you don’t buy they don’t care. They can not replace a 802a and sell for same price. That truck is bringing 70k plus now in the current market. If you don’t feel good I would pass

Carmax can sweeten with their extended warranties etc. Especially if there is vermin living on their lots. Not a good look or good for business.

OP
OP
PBARaptor

PBARaptor

Reaction score
Carmax can sweeten with their extended warranties etc. Especially if there is vermin living on their lots. Not a good look or good for business.
I'll see what they say about sweetening the deal. In terms of warranty, I actually checked out Floor Ford's rates and they were cheaper than Carmax's extended warranty they're giving me, by a few hundred.