GEN 2 Need some good rubber for new Vorsteiner wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You saved weight on the wheel selection and the duratrac is the lightest tire you will find that I would put on my truck. I have used them in the past and they are great in the snow and perform similar to the KO2 everywhere else with similar wear.

Now that I have 14k miles on my Ridge Grapplers I wouldn’t buy any other tire but yeah they are heavier and I could care less.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jake17

★ REBEL LIFE ★
Reaction score
Currently thinking Duratrac
Duratracs have more siping which is why they are good in the winter & rain.
Ran the several sets of Duratracs & have had good luck with them.
Duratrac's the lightest tire you will find that I would put on my truck.
Duratracs are great for snow country.
Duratracs are a good all around tire.
IMG_2609.JPGIMG_2605.JPG IMG_2615.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
BlazinPond

BlazinPond

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You saved weight on the wheel selection and the duratrac is the lightest tire you will find that I would put on my truck. I have used them in the past and they are great in the snow and perform similar to the KO2 everywhere else with similar wear.

Now that I have 14k miles on my Ridge Grapplers I wouldn’t buy any other tire but yeah they are heavier and I could care less.

Are your Grapplers the F rated 20s by chance?

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks man.
So being F rated, you still find the ride comfortable/doable?

Now I'm leaning toward these Ridge Grapplers.
Definitely would be the best for towing the race trailer.

Thx again.

Yeah they definitely have a stiffer sidewall and 1.3” less sidewall than stock 17”. I have RPG 1.5” collars and Deaver +2HD and the ride is much better than stock.

Very comfortable and I tow a 24’ Yamaha boat that weighs aprox. 6500 all loaded up with gas and equipment, hence the deavers and R1 BBK:)

If the 602 become available in 20” I will get those wheels as these rotiforms are heavier than stock but I lowered rotating mass with my Rotors. The 601’s were not made when I bought my Rotiform wheels.

Last edited:
OP
OP
BlazinPond

BlazinPond

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah they definitely have a stiffer sidewall and 1.3” less sidewall than stock 17”. I have RPG 1.5” collars and Deaver +2HD and the ride is much better than stock.

Very comfortable and I tow a 24’ Yamaha boat that weighs aprox. 6500 all loaded up with gas and equipment, hence the deavers and R1 BBK:)

If the 602 become available in 20” I will get those wheels as these rotiforms are heavier than stock but I lowered rotating mass with my Rotors. The 601’s were not made when I bought my Rotiform wheels.

Excellent.....I like to hear that.
Good call on the brake kit also......I should probably do that also. LOL.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

20” 602s will be available some time this quarter.

Excellent.....I like to hear that.
Good call on the brake kit also......I should probably do that also. LOL.

Let us know if we can help. We’ve got a variety of options on brakes.

03'Darin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Been doing tire research lately also. I've got 37k miles on my truck and its winter here. So they aren't shot but probably will replace them now rather than run them through winter.

I've pretty much narrowed my choice down to the Ridge Grapplers. Unlike most people here I was pretty happy with the factory BFG's. I live in the NE and the tire worked well in both rain and snow. I don't really do any off road stuff so off road traction isn't important either.

My concern with another set of the BFG's is all of the problems people are having getting those tires balanced properly.

The reviews on the RG's are extremely good.

I'm wondering if anyone can tell me what the difference is between the LT315/70-R17 and the 35/12.50-17? I realize the 35 is .35" larger diameter, .2" skinnier and roughly 4 1/2 #'s heavier.

Also the 35" tire was measured on a 10" wide rim versus the 315 being measured on a 9.5" wide wheel. Any idea how the 35" measurements would change on the 9.5" wheel?

I like the fact the 35' tire comes with 2/32nd more thread depth also. I'm assuming that's the additional height and weight difference??

I'm looking at doing the 35" tire for the additional tread depth and additional height.

The tires seems so similar in specs that it makes me wonder why they build both. I'm thinking maybe I'm missing something in the comparison?