New tires in 2022

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I am trying to decide between a couple new tires I have a gen 1 screw currently with a set of gen 2 wheels and c load tires on it. Just had it at the sand dunes and jumped the truck everything went fine. I am seeing very mixed results on wether or not I can run c load rated tire on a gen 1 even though the gen 2 and 3 trucks come with a c load rated tire. Is the LT315/70R17 Load C FP Ford Performance (https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tire.../A+KO2&partnum=17TR7KO2&fromTireCompare=Y)any different from the Baja Boss A/T, 35 x 12.50-17, Radial, Q Speed Rated, D Load Range (https://www.summitracing.com/parts/mtt-53759)? or even the toyo at III? I just want to hear your experiences with tires and if you have had any real problems with anything. I don't want this post to become a bash fest. Help me decide from your experience.

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
I ran Baja Boss on my 20s, did great off road. None were available in the Northwest when I had to get the 17s. Running Falken Wildpeak. Have not had them in the dirt yet so the jury is still out.

mprice1234

Gen 1 Rules
Reaction score
I'm scheduled for Falken Wildpeak A/T 3W's to be installed this Thursday. I had them on the wife's Jeep Cherokee for about a year now and love them. I'm looking forward to seeing how they do on the Raptor.

Update: Falken Wildpeak A/T 3W 315-70-17 E's are on! and these balanced with far fewer weights then the KO's!
Falken 1.jpg
Falken 2.jpg

Last edited:

maxwell018867

Reaction score
I was just in the search for new tires for my gen 1, and because I’m a broke college student, believe me I searched for plenty of options when it came to tires. From what I found out, lots of people like to go with the c rated bfg’s simply because of the 3 ply sidewalls that not a lot of other c rated tires offer. And some of the falken and other tires that are E rated ride a little rougher but all depends on what your looking for and what you like.

Blu Bug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was just in the search for new tires for my gen 1, and because I’m a broke college student, believe me I searched for plenty of options when it came to tires. From what I found out, lots of people like to go with the c rated bfg’s simply because of the 3 ply sidewalls that not a lot of other c rated tires offer. And some of the falken and other tires that are E rated ride a little rougher but all depends on what your looking for and what you like.
You can’t be too broke if you’re driving a Raptor and contemplating new tires but then again I guess being broke is a relative term. Some on this platform talk about buying two new raptors to go with their TRX like it was nothing.

ToddReynolds

Reaction score
I am trying to decide between a couple new tires I have a gen 1 screw currently with a set of gen 2 wheels and c load tires on it. Just had it at the sand dunes and jumped the truck everything went fine. I am seeing very mixed results on wether or not I can run c load rated tire on a gen 1 even though the gen 2 and 3 trucks come with a c load rated tire. Is the LT315/70R17 Load C FP Ford Performance (https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=BFGoodrich&tireModel=All-Terrain+T/A+KO2&partnum=17TR7KO2&fromTireCompare=Y)any different from the Baja Boss A/T, 35 x 12.50-17, Radial, Q Speed Rated, D Load Range (https://www.summitracing.com/parts/mtt-53759)? or even the toyo at III? I just want to hear your experiences with tires and if you have had any real problems with anything. I don't want this post to become a bash fest. Help me decide from your experience.
P_20220519_162300.jpgP_20211218_130926.jpg
Wife has 37" Mickey Thompson Baja Boss AT on 20" and I have the 315/70/17 c rated BFG, she is way more critical than I am with noise and comfort and loves her Mickey Thompsons

maxwell018867

Reaction score
You can’t be too broke if you’re driving a Raptor and contemplating new tires but then again I guess being broke is a relative term. Some on this platform talk about buying two new raptors to go with their TRX like it was nothing.
Very true. Thankfully I had guys from all over the field that I went to class with that gave me some tips on what tires they liked and had good experiences with and what tires to shy away from. I here you though, Having a Raptor be your daily isn’t the wisest decision by any means, but it still puts a smile on my face. :)