Need help on getting a new running board

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brad25

Reaction score
Some one hit my truck in the parking lot last night and left. Luckily all they did was crack my passenger side running board but it is pretty much toast. Does anyone have an idea how much just the passenger side would run? It is a SCREW and the Ford dealer is having a tough time looking it up.
Thanks for any help.

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
man i hate people like that with a passion if i ever saw anyone hit another car or even my truck and then try to drive away i would do what ryan at SDHQ did when their trailer got stolen and chase the person down and beat the hell outa them haha ok enough about hit an runs now to the question. its hard to believe that a FORD dealership cant find the part in a the computer haha that blows my mind im not to sure on the cost but depending on your deductable i would file a claim. my car i had before my raptor got hit a few times in the parking lot and my deductable is only 250 so it was always cheaper to file a claim and get it fixed that way. im sure the running boards aren't that much though.

cage1993

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that, that sure sucks! You probably need to crawl under the truck and make sure thats the extent of the damage. The stock boards bolt to the flange of the body panels, its not very thick material under there, I would be concerned the body panels could be somewhat tweeked if they hit it hard enough to crack the board itself. If it is just the board, I would check on the Forum and see if someone is selling theirs. The factory boards are aluminum, so they will proabaly be pricey. I would bet you could buy a set from someone on here that was putting aftermarket steps on cheaper than you could get one board from Ford.

OP
OP
B

brad25

Reaction score
Thanks guys I went through my insurance because it was a "hit and run" it doesn't count against my record and it turned out being only $200 for my deductible. Heres the crazy part, I called two other ford dealers and got the same quote. For just the passenger side ONLY running board they want $1601.90 not even installed, just the running board

JuggNuttz

FRF Addict
Reaction score
ouch....... maybe see if they will jut pay out, and maybe get something aftermarket thats better?