Running Board Light Install Wiring Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PolarZ

Reaction score
I am one of many folks who have never messed with any sort of wiring projects, especially in regards to vehicle modifications. I have recently purchased the Amber running boards lights from F150Leds and own a Gen3 2023 Raptor. I know following their instructional video will have the lights turn on when unlocking the video, but how would I be able to wire them to the upfitter switches to manually turn them on so that they remain on at night while driving but also turn on when unlocking/locking the vehicle. Would I need to do something with wiring the cables to the upfitter cables located in the passenger side interior panel by the glove compartment? I know nothing when it comes to electrical wiring.

James O

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You will want a diode so the power does not back feed to the door signal wire and turn on the interior and exterior welcome lights.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i personally would use a relay just due to how long they would be on. but i dont know why you would want them on while driving