NAV screen or no NAV screen?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
nodak

nodak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not the 2010. don't know about the 2011 but i don't think so... keep in mind you get a sweet Sony sound system with the nav which without it the base system sounds pretty tinny.

yeah i bet the sound system is prety sick. i have the good system in my 06 f150 with the stock sub under the back seat. not to much bass so u look like a ****** bag but just enough to get the ladies in the back seat feeling a little tingle. o how i love college.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
YouTube - 2010 Ford Raptor white at Billy Howell Ford ******* GA 770-887-2311 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting**************770-887-2311******end_of_the_skype_highlighting ..SEE ON EBAY !!

this one doesnt have the nav screen but if you fast forward to about 1:34 it shows the back seat and im pretty sure ther is a sub under ther. so u must not have to get the whole lux pkg to get the sound system rite?

you know...you make a good point. the luxury package does include a Sony sound system...but if you look on Ford's website there is another $435 upgrade that is the "Premium" Sony sound system 700w. I was under the impression you got the "good" Sony system with the Nav. It's confusing as hell but I have seen a Raptor with the luxury package and no Sony on the speaker grilles.

Aaron....help?

JP7

Likes Canadian Mudbaths
Reaction score
I'd appreciate some insight on this too - as mine came without the Nav, but has the premium sound system. Local Ford guys installed the Nav, but blew the radio (or amp, as it sounds), and have now ordered a new one.
It appears the Nav may not be compatible with the premium sound system, or, Ford just hasn't an adapter plug suitable.
Any help would be appreciated, as the truck goes back in this week.

Update November 23, 2010 -
Ford installed the Nav where I used to have the Premium Sony setup. Sound quality is crap, as the two systems aren't interchangeable. Bluetooth phone is reduced to front speakers, and doesnt accomodate highs and lows like the original system - result is major feedback and lot's of dropped calls due to echo and feedback. Stereo/jukebox/radio is also compromised.
My recommendation - if the NAV doesn't come factory - don't let the dealer install one - it fails. Best to go aftermarket with Alpine or similar to get the camera and bluetooth to work correctly.

Last edited:

TeamFordRaptor

Reaction score
Correct Birdman. The Sony is part of the 58N Luxury Package. The reason why you see it on Ford's website is due to the same build system for the standard F-150. In the F-150 you can upgrade to 2 other optional sound systems. In the Raptor, it's either standard or Sony. The Luxury does require the Nav, so both have to be together.

OP
OP
nodak

nodak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Correct Birdman. The Sony is part of the 58N Luxury Package. The reason why you see it on Ford's website is due to the same build system for the standard F-150. In the F-150 you can upgrade to 2 other optional sound systems. In the Raptor, it's either standard or Sony. The Luxury does require the Nav, so both have to be together.

so basically i can get the sony system with the sub and all the speakers without having to upgrade to the lux pack?

OP
OP
nodak

nodak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
o and aaron do know wen we will be able to build 2011 raptors on fords website?

IRONMAN

Reaction score
OK i have the sony sound system with the 700W amp and no Nav!!
And i do have the Lux pack.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
OK i have the sony sound system with the 700W amp and no Nav!!
And i do have the Lux pack.

i think what he means is: you can have lux package/Sony without Nav...but you can't have Nav without Sony.