NAV screen or no NAV screen?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nodak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just wondering if the people who have the nav screen think its worth the extra 2 grand or not. and if the people who didnt get the option are regretting it?

OP
OP
nodak

nodak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it's worth the extra money for sure. it's just sweet.

i think its sweet to but, mostly what im worried about is it gettin cracked or a bunch of dust in it. im kinda the person who like a more rugged interior, i do alot of hunting/fishing and can be pretty tough on the inside of my rig. if i can get my dealer to knock off another grand il go for it.

FSM06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Didn't get it........don't regret it. I hate it when I see the vehicles come in for repair and the screens are all covered in finger prints. I know, trivial, but just a pet peeve of mine. :Wedgie:

FSM

JP7

Likes Canadian Mudbaths
Reaction score
Well in the traills - having that backup camera helps avoid poking tree branches through the tailgate.
The screen is pretty tough, as its meant for finger contact - yes it gets dirty, but a wetnap takes care of that.
The system is good, and I really like the weather radar function - I dont regret getting it even though the dealer blew up my radio putting it in last week. New one comes Wednesday...

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
navigation, full voice control of the vehicle including the heat/ac, back up camera, sirius travel link(sports scores, gas prices, weather, ski reports), Sony sound system w/ subwoofer, back up camera, Jukebox music library...and the list goes on.

IRONMAN

Reaction score
I didn't get it and I wish I did. I have the back up camera in my rear view mirror which I just love it but yes I couldn't see getting it at the time but wish I did now. I have a 4.5 " GPS unit which sits on my dash to the left of the steering wheel and it kinda gets in the way. Thought about getting a after market one but I'll lose my sync which I also love..

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
what does it for me is the Doppler radar on my screen. then saying "Climate 68*" to turn my A/C on.

OP
OP
nodak

nodak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
navigation, full voice control of the vehicle including the heat/ac, back up camera, sirius travel link(sports scores, gas prices, weather, ski reports), Sony sound system w/ subwoofer, back up camera, Jukebox music library...and the list goes on.

is the nav screen on the raptor equiped with that myTouch deal that i have seen on ford edge commercials?

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
is the nav screen on the raptor equiped with that myTouch deal that i have seen on ford edge commercials?

not the 2010. don't know about the 2011 but i don't think so... keep in mind you get a sweet Sony sound system with the nav which without it the base system sounds pretty tinny.