NAV screen or no NAV screen?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iceman302

Full Throttle OG
Reaction score
Well GOOD I'm sure you'll love it.

LUCKY lol:naughty:

Speaking of GOOD, I'm good at a lot of things BUT... waiting isn't one of them. I wish I could at least get a VIN# and a build date. It feels like there's no end in sight without that. And Ford isn't pulling any more Raptor VIN's or scheduling build dates the entire week of Thanksgiving so it just got pushed back further.

levallois

Reaction score
I didn't get the Nav because I was breaking my budget big time for the truck as a whole and maybe I'll live to regret it. However, with Sync I have hands free dialing, directions, weather, news, sports, etc. Also. the backup camera in my rearview mirror works great. What does the Nav system give you again that's extra other than a map and climate control?

John

BOJANGLES

<span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't get the Nav because I was breaking my budget big time for the truck as a whole and maybe I'll live to regret it. However, with Sync I have hands free dialing, directions, weather, news, sports, etc. Also. the backup camera in my rearview mirror works great. What does the Nav system give you again that's extra other than a map and climate control?

John

See post #17 in the thread linked below for my review on the Nav system:

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f10/navigation-22/index2.html

levallois

Reaction score
Thanks Bojangles - that's a great review. There is more than I thought to the Nav system and the feature that identifies stores. gas stations, etc. on the map would be cool. However, I do have Sirius so I wonder if I still get the Travel Link but get audio information about these locations? I'll check that out today. The audio player is something that I haven't messed with much - I know my truck has the hard drive - but whether it has the gracenote database, again is unknown. In my defense, I've only had the truck 36 hours and quite frankly I like listening to the engine note better than music right now. Obviously the DVD, pics, visual stuff isn't an option on my truck but I doubt that I would need them. Commanding the climate to obey is also cool but the knobs on the dash are pretty handy. After breakfast I'll go out and monkey with the systems in my truck a while and get back to you.

John

JP7

Likes Canadian Mudbaths
Reaction score
Thanks Bojangles - that's a great review. There is more than I thought to the Nav system and the feature that identifies stores. gas stations, etc. on the map would be cool. However, I do have Sirius so I wonder if I still get the Travel Link but get audio information about these locations? I'll check that out today. The audio player is something that I haven't messed with much - I know my truck has the hard drive - but whether it has the gracenote database, again is unknown. In my defense, I've only had the truck 36 hours and quite frankly I like listening to the engine note better than music right now. Obviously the DVD, pics, visual stuff isn't an option on my truck but I doubt that I would need them. Commanding the climate to obey is also cool but the knobs on the dash are pretty handy. After breakfast I'll go out and monkey with the systems in my truck a while and get back to you.

John

It was a great review - I just re-read it too!

And I've had my truck 6 months now, and I still prefer to turn the radio off and enjoy the sound of the motor purr...

A note about the hard drive - you can only record to it from a CD - not a USB device or Ipod (at least on my 2010 model).

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score

John

see i had the opposite dilemma, i didn't get the 6.2 cause for the money i wanted the lux package and nav and the extra 3k would have broken the bank. i don't regret it either. to each his own my friend! you will love it either way.

Scottysspeedshop

A.D.D. VelociRaptor 600 Owner
Reaction score
No NAV in mine but I got a loud switch:drool: Their will be some inside mods that will make up for it.I plan on a Lowrance GPS along with a system install.More on that later.