My truck is dead

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nv Guy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't race on pavement, and 411 hp is all I need in the weeds. Suspension baby!

Gotta go with you on that. I was having a talk with the off road shop next door to my work and this exact subject came up. They are building a spec class racer truck- the engines are stock (sealed) but suspension is pretty much open. As a result, the parts carnage is lots lower but they are darn near as fast as the unlimiteds with twice the power. Even with my 5.4 I can get in deep trouble.

jdowens1

Ford Senior Master Technician
Reaction score
So in other words they reset keep alive memory and PCM program. It sounds like your fuel trim tables were all screwed up while in open loop. I guess what I'm still curious about is what caused the open loop fuel trims to change, I think I asked earlier but it was oil less filter on CAI. It's amazing how well the factory has these things programmed. They are set to be so efficient while giving you an engine that is going to last. My thought is whenever you go above factory you are just going to find out where the next weakest link is. I'm glad they got it fixed for you though.

Sent from my iPad 4 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Squatting Dog

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not satisfied, but it is running resetting memory, and updating ecm to help with temp sensor seemed to help. Now, when I remote start in the morning the seat heaters turn on when it is cold out.
Dealer said there was an issue with temp sensor holding shut off temp when you remote started and until you turned the key on. Seemed to solve my stalling and dying issue also.

-Greg

jdowens1

Ford Senior Master Technician
Reaction score
So the issue now is only with heated seats turning on and you don't want them too? If that is so did you go into your remote start settings and turn them off

rwjr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So the issue now is only with heated seats turning on and you don't want them too? If that is so did you go into your remote start settings and turn them off

I think he's saying updating the ECM made his seats start working correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.