Sudden loss of power

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NXTBADHABIT

Reaction score
The trend I see is all these guys experiencing this are from Texas... Keep in mind, it has been HOOOOOOOOT AF here all summer long. Imagine it's 108* ambient OUTSIDE, imagine what the under hood temps are!!! Plastic components don't stand a chance. I'd wager it's the air box being starved for fresh air due to the the inlet collapsing when you stab the throttle.

Corpsefed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds to me like you guys are experiencing the stability control cutting power because you’re still turning with lateral accelerations when you poke it. The steering wheel has a sensor for displacement as well.

If there is a problem causing the throttle cut, then it will set a code and the dash light. If it doesn’t indicate a fault, then the truck is trying to save you from yourself.
2nd this. I experienced this twice and it was explained buy @FordTechOne. It happened when I was breaking traction pretty good. Now I just turn off the traction control when I want to get on it.