My truck is dead

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
Squatting Dog

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
yes before the ecm/bcm was not reading the correct temp when I remote started so it would not turn on heated seats until I put the key and turned to the on position. Now it works correctly and recognizes the outside temp when remote starting..

Donk74

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Greg

You think the ecm not updating temp caused both the heated seats not to come on with remote start and the engine problems you were having?

I haven't noticed any of the engine problems you've had but now that it's getting cold out I have noticed my heated seats don't turn on in the morning (yes I've selected the option in the setup menu).

If they are related I might need to get a preemptive ecm update.

OP
OP
Squatting Dog

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Greg

You think the ecm not updating temp caused both the heated seats not to come on with remote start and the engine problems you were having?

I haven't noticed any of the engine problems you've had but now that it's getting cold out I have noticed my heated seats don't turn on in the morning (yes I've selected the option in the setup menu).

If they are related I might need to get a preemptive ecm update.

Besides giving the ecm the three finger salute, there was nothing else done to my truck.. Could just be coincidence the ecm/bcm update..

-Greg

TheTip247

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They dont turn on for me either. Didnt even seem that the heater/ac would turn on period. I gave up and just set it for the last setting. Maybe it thought it wasnt cold/warm enough to turn it on....

Last edited:

Blind1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My heated seats don't come on automatically with the remote either, even the temp is below 32 degree F. It sounds like I need the ECM updated as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.